[SOLVED] Crazy temps in my case When intake fans are on Temps increase when intake fans are off temps reduce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Crazy Temps when Intake Case fans are on RX580(PowerColor Red Devil Golden Sample) and HDD(Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, 128MB Cache)

During Gaming temps are 80-85C on GPU and 46-47C on HDD (When intake fans are on Temps increase when intake fans are off temps reduce)
Idle GPU on 40C(Fan stops spinning) CPU on 30C and HDD on 39C
Ambient Room temp is 32C

I have a Chiptronex Raptor RGB Case
flipkart.com/chiptronex-raptor-rgb-tempered-glass-atx-gaming-cabinet-without-smps/p/itmfaf9rgczmxsnb
View:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8I2nv2W2ps

This is how it looks

It came with 3 Front intake and and 1 rear exhaust I had added 3 Static RGB 120MM fans(Random ones form Aliexpress it says 50CFM) on top

I have a Snowman M-T6 mounted on a i5-4590 in an orientation where the fans pull air from bottom to top because my Mobo(Biostar H81MHV3) wont allow me to fit it left to right RAM clearance issue also fitted the rear exhaust outside the case and flipped it and using it as intake due to the same clearance issue the case do not have enough space to fit the fan inside after using the cooler
so I have 1 rear sending air to the CPU Cooler
3x front intake
3x top exhaust
all 120mm fans

the top exhaust all 3 are always running and I have a button to turn on or off the rear and front fans so when I turn them off the GPU temps decrease(runs cooler by 3-4C) and when I turn on the front 3 intake and rear 1 intake GPU temps increase(runs 3-4C hotter) I have no idea why and what to do I also stuck a stick and stopped the rear intake and let only the 3x front intake and 3x top exhaust run and I still got the same problem but with a small change the GPU temps raised by only 2-3C

So running the read intake increase GPU temp by 1-2C and runing the 3x front intake increases the temps by 1-2C

My ambient room temp is 32C i live in Pondicherry sount east India the city is mostly hot all the time

Also my HDD temps alo goes to 46-47C when GPU load is high during idle HDD temp is 38C.

Also the case says it supports 320mm rad on top and front but it cant fit any radiator anywhere because this stupid case do not have enough clearance between the mobo and the top (even the top exhaust fans are almost touching the mobo) and also the screw holes and the space(width of the case) do not seem to fit any AIO the space is very less.

The pics of my PC are in the below links
*Pics are taken with side panel off but I always leave the side glass panel on and all the info shared above are the temps with side panel on.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1ku_ZVJucMJ6vzrYpxx7YQYfm5wkRf-Qd

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1t18uUyIOWrVhzZii9gxY0BHsEUeVAXOC

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1wfPFKCzIW9GrB5nZMxcF6HlUW0Tti6qM

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1PywgSJgXlpVmb3EQNLBYIZLY0YySS09u

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1DIiPG2HhWAMBQR0wrUDJLa_QWq0QGdKn

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1-fkUeaU9nORpuuSD5jbt84H1y36p2IKR

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1mtCi_DrZIzwDV2xkWReRttzJn-7W_QM2

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Fct3ghDoo4KEhMZEYP1htWVtX-x8gPKS

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1savQ7029i4Yqd7sgPII8hlYksiJPc1Q1

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1tmSRcAM5HbKgtinJ45xR3jFhoG3iDOpF

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=12AlRJLCZp1ncLbRvc15cOTuULB4aOy0q

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1AjH64hFQmdxJlyRkYQxSwOGt-hZg-FEg

Please advise me some ways to fix this I want the GPU and HDD temps to get lower when all fans are running than when they are not running

Solution
This:

"Please advise me some ways to fix this I want the GPU and HDD temps to get lower when all fans are running than when they are not running"

Other comments from your post:

"I have a Snowman M-T6 mounted on a i5-4590 in an orientation where the fans pull air from bottom to top because my Mobo(Biostar H81MHV3) wont allow me to fit it left to right RAM clearance issue also fitted the rear exhaust outside the case and flipped it and using it as intake due to the same clearance issue the case do not have enough space to fit the fan inside after using the cooler"

"the top exhaust all 3 are always running and I have a button to turn on or off the rear and front fans so when I turn them off the GPU temps decrease(runs cooler by 3-4C)...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Where to even start... Umm...
1)Your rear case fan is set to intake. Correct to exhaust.
2)Remove the 1st top fan. It is doing more harm than good.

There isn't much else you can do with the case besides the above. The case is poorly designed.
1)Front panel is choked for air. A positive pressure setup is out of the question in this case.
2)Your current mobo/cooler - depending on how you look at it, isn't helping things. The cpu cooler is 'cooling' the cpu off of the gpu's exhaust.
3)Clearance from the gpu to the psu shroud. Airflow to the gpu is restricted.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Please advise me some ways to fix this I want the GPU and HDD temps to get lower when all fans are running than when they are not running"

"I have a Snowman M-T6 mounted on a i5-4590 in an orientation where the fans pull air from bottom to top because my Mobo(Biostar H81MHV3) wont allow me to fit it left to right RAM clearance issue also fitted the rear exhaust outside the case and flipped it and using it as intake due to the same clearance issue the case do not have enough space to fit the fan inside after using the cooler"

"the top exhaust all 3 are always running and I have a button to turn on or off the rear and front fans so when I turn them off the GPU temps decrease(runs cooler by 3-4C) and when I turn on the front 3 intake and rear 1 intake GPU temps increase(runs 3-4C hotter) I have no idea why and what to do I also stuck a stick and stopped the rear intake and let only the 3x front intake and 3x top exhaust run and I still got the same problem but with a small change the GPU temps raised by only 2-3C"

"Also the case says it supports 320mm rad on top and front but it cant fit any radiator anywhere because this stupid case do not have enough clearance between the mobo and the top (even the top exhaust fans are almost touching the mobo) and also the screw holes and the space(width of the case) do not seem to fit any AIO the space is very less."

A fix to the current situation may not be possible. The temperatures may simply not be able to go down with all fans running.

Very likely that the fans are all "fighting each other" with the net end effect being that the airflows are not what they should be to carry away heat.

Likely there are dead zones where little or no air flows.

Use the case's Installation Guide/Manual to determine and match the recommended fan specifications and installation arrangement/configuration.

Also if the components are not properly fitting into the case then there could be an installation error or it is just simply the wrong case to be using.

You may need a do-over.

Reactions: RodroX and Arun05
Solution

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Where to even start... Umm...
1)Your rear case fan is set to intake. Correct to exhaust.
2)Remove the 1st top fan. It is doing more harm than good.

There isn't much else you can do with the case besides the above. The case is poorly designed.
1)Front panel is choked for air. A positive pressure setup is out of the question in this case.
2)Your current mobo/cooler - depending on how you look at it, isn't helping things. The cpu cooler is 'cooling' the cpu off of the gpu's exhaust.
3)Clearance from the gpu to the psu shroud. Airflow to the gpu is restricted.
I will change the rear fan to exhaust hope that helps
and I tried the top front fan to intake it actually increased the temps by 1C So Ill try to remove it like you said

Like others mention already, and you realized by testing, the simple fact of adding more fans doesn't always make things better.

As Phaaze88 mention a crystal fron panel wont allow enough air to get to the intake front fans (I had the same problem too). What I did was simple unmount the front fans, which were really close to the crystal at the front, and move them to the back of the front chasis panel like this:

7ZCFZGB.jpg

As you can see, the front fans are now behind the front metal panel,. They came pre-installed all the way foward so you have to use some really long screws.

Doing this allows the fans to run at full speed when necesary (they didn't run at full speed before cause they were choked of air) and of course they can move more air because now they are about 30mm away forn the front glass panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arun05 and Phaaze88

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
This:

"the top exhaust all 3 are always running and I have a button to turn on or off the rear and front fans so when I turn them off the GPU temps decrease(runs cooler by 3-4C) and when I turn on the front 3 intake and rear 1 intake GPU temps increase(runs 3-4C hotter) I have no idea why and what to do I also stuck a stick and stopped the rear intake and let only the 3x front intake and 3x top exhaust run and I still got the same problem but with a small change the GPU temps raised by only 2-3C"

"Also the case says it supports 320mm rad on top and front but it cant fit any radiator anywhere because this stupid case do not have enough clearance between the mobo and the top (even the top exhaust fans are almost touching the mobo) and also the screw holes and the space(width of the case) do not seem to fit any AIO the space is very less."

A fix to the current situation may not be possible. The temperatures may simply not be able to go down with all fans running.

Very likely that the fans are all "fighting each other" with the net end effect being that the airflows are not what they should be to carry away heat.

Likely there are dead zones where little or no air flows.

Use the case's Installation Guide/Manual to determine and match the recommended fan specifications and installation arrangement/configuration.

Also if the components are not properly fitting into the case then there could be an installation error or it is just simply the wrong case to be using.

You may need a do-over.
No installation error, it is just a stupid case and that is all I have. You are correct it is not a good case to build a pc but trying to make the best out of what I have

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Like others mention already, and you realized by testing, the simple fact of adding more fans doesn't always make things better.

As Phaaze88 mention a crystal fron panel wont allow enough air to get to the intake front fans (I had the same problem too). What I did was simple unmount the front fans, which were really close to the crystal at the front, and move them to the back of the front chasis panel like this:

7ZCFZGB.jpg

As you can see, the front fans are now behind the front metal panel,. They came pre-installed all the way foward so you have to use some really long screws.

Doing this allows the fans to run at full speed when necesary (they didn't run at full speed before cause they were choked of air) and of course they can move more air because now they are about 30mm away forn the front glass panel.
I am not sure the same is possible in my case I will give it try and see If I can pull this off

Reactions: RodroX

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
As advised mounted the rear fan as exhaust the way it should be still I have no difference in temps as usual when the rear exhaust and front intakes are on temps increase and when they are off and when only the top 3 exhaust spins the temps are low.
About moving the front intakes inwards like RodroX said its almost impossible to open the front of the case im scared of breaking something so I did nothing

Reactions: RodroX

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I see now... the front fans aren't needed at all.
Because of the combined problems with this case, the front fans are recycling the exhausted warm air back into the case - remove them.
Also remove the 1st top fan, as it isn't needed either.

1x rear exhaust and 2x top exhaust. That's it. Save up for a new case in the meantime.

Reactions: Arun05 and RodroX
As advised mounted the rear fan as exhaust the way it should be still I have no difference in temps as usual when the rear exhaust and front intakes are on temps increase and when they are off and when only the top 3 exhaust spins the temps are low.
About moving the front intakes inwards like RodroX said its almost impossible to open the front of the case im scared of breaking something so I did nothing

You do what you can, it was a good idea not to push it if it wasn't safe.

Reactions: Arun05

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
I see now... the front fans aren't needed at all.
Because of the combined problems with this case, the front fans are recycling the exhausted warm air back into the case - remove them.
Also remove the 1st top fan, as it isn't needed either.

1x rear exhaust and 2x top exhaust. That's it. Save up for a new case in the meantime.
Well At least im saving electricity this way :)
I always thought the front fans would bring fresh cool air from outside through the tiny holes in the side at the front(also put a tissue next to it and it was trying to such in the tissue paper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS