Dec 6, 2022
Before i get into the preamble of what lead up to this, I just want to clarify that for the time being I *just* want help getting my display working again, the rest can come after.

Here are the components I'm using, except the case is different.

I have a 2-monitor setup and about a week ago I noticed some flickering while gaming(not very intense gaming either). At first it would abate after a few seconds but it steadily got worse and worse until it started fully crashing and shutting off on its own. It had gotten a lot hotter here recently so I hypothesized that, and a combination of dust buildup was causing some overheating somewhere, so I cleaned off the outermost filters and screens, but the flickering and crashing only continued to get worse, to the point I couldn't even browse the web for more than a few minutes at a time before freezing.

I was at least able to confirm that the component temperatures are normal so it does not appear to be overheating like I had suspected, and I checked that I have plenty of RAM too. Soon after I had to force-shutdown until Windows Autorepair kicked in just to get it to display at all.

It would always say that windows didn't boot correctly, and I messed around with some of the troubleshooting solutions it provided. I ended up trying to "revert" Windows(?) back to a "checkpoint" from 2 days ago...I hadn't downloaded or installed any updates in that time, so I figured it'd be fine...but upon restart I only get the message that a critical process(or something?) has died, and the system was going to restart automatically, which it would then do, but would never display once it restarted.

Which finally brings me here, with a computer that turns on, and I can see that all the components are receiving power and running, but the display will not pickup the device's signal no matter what I do.

I have already tried:
-resetting the connection between the monitor and the computer
-hooking it up to a different monitor with a different cable
-more thorough dusting inside the case(there was hardly any since I've only had this machine for like 6 months)
-re-seating the RAM as well as the GPU and resetting its cable connections
-resetting BIOS(or whatever it is that removing the motherboard battery does)

I brought it to a repair shop today, but they said it'd be a week for them just to look at it, so I thought I'd ask around here a bit first and tackle it myself some more before I give up and hand it over to them.

Lutfij

Titan
I noticed some flickering while gaming(not very intense gaming either). At first it would abate after a few seconds but it steadily got worse and worse until it started fully crashing and shutting off on its own.
How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if sourcing(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then power up your entire platform and see if the issue persists.

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Dec 6, 2022
I noticed some flickering while gaming(not very intense gaming either). At first it would abate after a few seconds but it steadily got worse and worse until it started fully crashing and shutting off on its own.
How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if sourcing(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then power up your entire platform and see if the issue persists.

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
I bought the PSU new along with everything else, and as for what version of BIOS it's running I have no idea, I don't even know how to check that now.

Last edited: