Question Dragon Center on MSI laptop Causing high temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
So, recently my laptop which a MSI leapord pro gp72VR started overheating, so normally what I would is open it up and start cleaning the fans. They're usually clustered with thick dust due to the my desk beint too close to a window and it always works temps go back to normal and it actually did this time, however the very next day temps started getting high again 60-67 degree Celsius on idle maybe even all the way up to 80 while having chrome open and 95 while gaming. It should be around 48-51 while idle and 75 while gaming. So, I figured it might be the thermal paste and as a result I went ahead and ordered an arctic mx-4 and also bought a pc cooler pad, reapplied the past and heatsink and placed the laptop on top of the pad and to my disappointment the cpu temps are the same. My guess is it's something wrong with dragon center, do I have a faulty version ? Should I re-install it ?

What are your percentages looking like in task manager?

Malware can cause high temps sometimes because It can be running process in the background. Just a thought. You can always try a windows reinstall.

I would look at how high the RPMs are on your cooling fans on your CPU, its possible the fan is faulty.

Apr 1, 2020
What are your percentages looking like in task manager?

Malware can cause high temps sometimes because It can be running process in the background. Just a thought. You can always try a windows reinstall.

I would look at how high the RPMs are on your cooling fans on your CPU, its possible the fan is faulty.
Fans are working perfectly fine, around 3000 rpm on balanced mode and 6000rpm which is the max I believe on gaming mode which is high performance. Also I checked the task manager on balanced mode the cpu is on 19% the system is taking 17-17.8% so my I'm guessing dragon center is the issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.