Question Enabling "Above 4G Decoding" turns off my network, and I cannot find BIOS updates for my motherboard model ?

Mar 15, 2024
Some background information. I bought a prebuilt Cyberpower pc like 1-2 years ago. It came with a rtx 2060, ryzen 7 3700X, and an MSI B450M Gaming motherboard. I recently tried turning on "Above 4G Decoding" but when I do, my network for my pc turns off and I don’t even see my network connection in the network control panel.

I tried updating bios (my current version doesn’t show up on system info, and the only thing I could find was P1.50), so I checked MSI for the BIOS updates but they only have updates for the B450M Gaming Plus.
I tried these anyway but there was no image detected. Weird thing is, when I boot up bios settings, it says Cyberpower PC and then it says powered by ASRock, but on system info it says its a MSI motherboard so im very confused.

I went on asrock website but they also don't have anything for a B450M Gaming motherboard. I bought a 6750 XT GPU which comes soon, and i want to turn on Smart Access Memory and I need 4G Decoding to be on.

As a side note, I don’t have a resize bar option, but i'm pretty sure the 2060 doesn’t support it anyway. Let me know if you need anymore information. Please help and thanks

Looks like Asrock B450M/Ac

B450Mac(L2).png