Question Ethernet cable not detected if I boot with USB devices plugged in ?

Dec 28, 2021
www.twitch.tv
Good Morning all!

I have spent the whole day yesterday trying to solve this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE:
If I boot my windows 10 pc with usb devices plugged in, it won't detect the ethernet cable (so no internet connection). If I boot the system without any usb device, windows will boot and normally connect to the internet, after that I can plug all my usb devices manually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRIES:
Any suggest will be very very appreciated.
Ethernet cable look ok also on other pc, but I tried to change it anyway, same result.
USB ports are working fine.
Already tried to reinstall Network adapter drivers.
Also reinstalled the whole chipset driver.
Removed usb controller and network adapter so windows reinstalled 'em.
Unplugged system from DC without the battery for 15 mins to reset BIOS.
Changed USB port of all devices...
and many many more test...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOBO: B450 Aorus ELITE

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information (Windows 10 version?).

How many and what USB devices are being plugged in?

Are you using the motherboard's Ethernet port or are you using a USB/Ethernet adapter?

On the motherboard's I/O panel are there any changes to the Ethernet port LED's when USB devices are plugged in and unplugged - with nothing else being changed?

Any LED change : goes on or off, changes color, flashes, etc...

Reactions: Sicross1989
Dec 28, 2021
www.twitch.tv
UPDATE 1:
- Hardware:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: B450 Aorus ELITE
RAM: 16GB HYPERX DDR4
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660

Ethernet is connected directly on ethernet port on mobo.

Usb Devices:
USB KEYBOARD: Sharkoon Skiller MECH SGK3 RGB
USB MOUSE: Sharkoon Shark Force
MIC: FIFINE K669B
CAM: Canon Eos 1100D
STREAMDECK: Elgato
PAD 1: Sony DualShock4
HEADSET DONGLE: Sony ps3 Pulse

-------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2 :
After a lot of reinstalled drivers, i found all works, except if the Canon Eos 1100D (with WebCam utility drivers) is plugged in... it's a big step, because yesterday all of usb devices were involved... now it's only up to the camera.. even if it is the only one device attached. I am trying to clean as much as i can the system from any canon drivers etc right now.

Dec 28, 2021
www.twitch.tv
Confirmed... I was being test any combination of usb devices.

If I boot my pc with the CANON EOS 1100D Plugged in, the ethernet cable is not detected. Even if the cam is connected to the Wenter Usb HUB. (I have bought this pwered hub to test if i can boot the pc and then "turn on the cam" by pressing the ON button to power the usb port of the camera.)

If I boot my pc without the CANON EOS 1100D Plugged in, all works fine and then I can connect the usb cable and everything goes normally. Any ideas?

Ralston18

Titan
"Ethernet cable" is understood. However, my thinking is actually with regards to the Ethernet Network adapter.

With the CANON EOS 1100D plugged in go into Device Manager and disable the camera by right-clicking the camera then select "Disable device".

Note: If the camera is not listed check the View tab and ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked.

Then boot. Is the Ethernet Network Adapter detected with the camera plugged in but disabled?

My thought (just to share) is that there is an interrupt conflict between the camera and the Ethernet Network Adapter.

You may be able to discover or otherwise determine if that is indeed the case.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/irq-interrupt-request-2625917

Take a look at the IRQs using both of the two boot scenarios as you described in the preceding post.

No need to change anything or otherwise immediately react. Key is verify that there is a conflict.

Dec 28, 2021
www.twitch.tv
I am very sorry for not being here to update, but my motherboard is definitely dead. I ordered a new one (same model cause I was not ready for a clean windows install). Just rebuilded the pc but I'm a bit afraid to connect the usb devices... i do not want to ruin this again... i also bought a pcie usb hub to "help mobo with the usb load".. i hope can be useful