viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
I want to cry myself to sleep.
I've tried absolutely all blatantly retarded performance tips from videos,
my dumbass dell laptop cant do sheesh.
Dell G5 557eight. (because i was angry it didnt work i hit my external keyboard and eight stopped working)
i7-EIGHT750H 1050ti 16gb ram win 10
I was super frustrated.
I had a samsung monitor, was pretty good, worked well with my old pc.
But this rust bucket, constantly lagged on Fortnite, 10eight0x10eight0 resolution, probably eight0% of the time, going below 20 fps easily.
Then i tried my Acer GN246HL.
Same results.
But when not having any monitor (only the main one, on the laptop)
all games run OK, but still lag too much for its pricetag or specs.
But definatly ran much better.
Then i tried switching my connections (laptop only has hdmi, dell aren't plebs btw)
so i was using hdmi to dvi on both monitors.
I tried hdmi to vga. (SAAAME)
And then tried another monitor hdmi to hdmi.
S A M E.
And then i thought it was overheating, bcs it definatly wasn't cool.
CPU - 90+ C
GPU - EIGHT7+ C
After giving up on that idea, i though it was because i bough the laptop with linux, then wiped it off and installed win 10.
If anyone can help, please, i can give you all the info you need (pm), too frustrated to type it in here..

It is definitely too hot and thermal throttling. I would return it as defective and when the new one arrives use a cooling pad with it. What is the ambient termperature where you are?

I think you might be expecting too much from an entry level laptop:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-g5-15-gaming-laptop,5609.html

“Its excessive heat and loud fans were mildly distracting when gaming, and its display is dimmer and less colorful than competitors'. If you have $100 more to spend, you can get more power and a more impressive display in the Lenovo Legion Y730.”

Reactions: viktorpetrov1998

viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
If dell accept and refund me, definatly building a pc, actually bringing it toghether and stuff. But i do like the new lenovo laptops so i will see.
Plus how is it entry??? its the most powerful i7 but the gpu is kind of bad, definatly bad compared to the cpu.
My room is around 20 C hot, but i do open my windows and stuff, and it gets a lot cooler.

From day1, to me gaming and laptops are oxymorons. Yeah, if you must have the laptop form factor and have a few $thousands, they sell you a 15-17" @10 LB and call it a gaming laptop, still, struggles to get rid of the GPU heat and when it hits the thermal removal capacity, throttles before the thing goes up in flames.

Reactions: J_E_D_70

viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
Watch the language, the use of profanity is not allowed here
Removed it man.. after i get my important exams im gypsy-ing money for a gaming pc DESKTOP...
these laptops..

Last edited by a moderator:
When you installed Win 10, did you get all the drivers from Dell, including the video card drivers? Not all laptops run the higher end video card on the external video connections, you should check with Dell support if yours does. If you installed drivers from nVidia, that would also cause issues with the laptop video speed and dual graphics support.

Temps are pretty high also, prop it up and have a small fan blowing on it to see how that works.

viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah man, i went to dell, drivers and entered my number and got all drivers, but the r3t4rded thing is that, the newest nvidia driver is like 419.14, and my was like -1 less, and when i tried installing the newest one from dell drivers (for some reason, it doesn't like my operation system, and says that it doesn't work on win10 64bit (cool beans)).
The 19 of february dell driver is a 390, or something like that - much older but of course my opinion on dell doesn't matter because they have got next gen technology - 3 usbs and 1 hdmi on an expensive GAMING laptop.
And when i tried to talk with the dell support members, they have the brains of bots, and act like ones - every chat starts with this:
"Hello, i am mohhamed achmed ali ali. Can u cofnirem dat ur code is BDG56745 (ex. but its supposed to be my laptop number)
They i say yes and say that dell itself is a bad company and that they make bad computers that have countless isuess.
He said "sorri about dhat, but u must contact dell bulgaria support on de fone!. Sori for any inconviniencez!"
Every single time that i talk to DELL - AMERICAN COMPANY.COM i get some arab, jew, or someone that has seen a computer twice. (not trying to be racist, saying they are plebs)