[SOLVED] EZ Debug CPU led on, and pc won't post, any help is appreciated

hasson94

Honorable
Apr 27, 2015
Ryzen 3950X - MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI - GTX 1650

I assembled the whole PC, except for one thing, I forgot to connect PSU to the 8+4 pin connectors for the CPU-pwr1 and CPU-pwr 2

I powered it on, and the fans started spinning fast, RAM RGB lights turned ON, everything seemed to be running fine, yet the system did not post obviously, and the monitor showed a "No Signal", and the EZ Debug CPU led was solid red light...also there was a red LED beside the 8+4 that I recall was on...not sure about this though... ** note that the system kept running and did not turn off until I flipper the PSU power... meanwhile the connected mouse and keyboard received no power whatsoever

I then realized I did not connect the 8+4 power connector, so I did connect that and tried to power it on, still the same issue remained, I did try to clear CMOS, did flash the BIOS, and still the pc turns on, with fans spinning hard, never showing anything on monitor, and with the EZ Debug CPU led on... still the connected mouse and keyboard received no power whatsoever...

FYI, even the gpu fans are spinning hard...

** when flashing the BIOS, I had everything connected, with the pc off, plugged in FAT32 usb with MSI.ROM file on it, and held the flash button for 3 seconds or so...no lights no nothing, only around 1-2 seconds after I released the button did the PC turn on by itself, with BIOS led flashing slow, then fast, then turned solid red and remained like that...until I flipped the PSU after around 8 minutes

** I have some doubts around the motherboard, as it arrived open-box and even the nylon sack was not closed so..maybe it is a bad part..

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM in slot DIMMA2?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
If nothing else works you will need to remove the motherboard from your PC case and try booting outside the case.
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM in slot DIMMA2?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
If nothing else works you will need to remove the motherboard from your PC case and try booting outside the case.

Solution