Mar 21, 2020
This is a custom built system, worked previously fine but suddenly doesn't seem to want to post anymore.

When i turn on the PSU CPU, GPU fans spin without powering on the system - I have it sitting like a test bench at the moment so I know it's not the case, i've bought a new Cmos Battery and have tried resetting the cmos with the jumper supplied, i also followed this http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal waiting the whole 4hrs but nothing seems to be working. I can't seem to get any beep codes or errors from the mobo but if anyone has any suggestions on how to get those from the mobo i have that would be amazing.

Graphics card has been checked on an alternate system works fine, same with the ram as well as checking an alternate PSU. Only thing i haven't been able to check is CPU but i have reseated it to be sure it hasn't shifted.

Mobo - Asrock ab350 pro4
CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x
Ram - 32gb Ripjaws
Graphics Card - GTX 1070ti

As i've said everything was working fine so it's not a compatibility issue.

Jul 27, 2019
This is a custom built system, worked previously fine but suddenly doesn't seem to want to post anymore.

When i turn on the PSU CPU, GPU fans spin without powering on the system - I have it sitting like a test bench at the moment so I know it's not the case, i've bought a new Cmos Battery and have tried resetting the cmos with the jumper supplied, i also followed this http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal waiting the whole 4hrs but nothing seems to be working. I can't seem to get any beep codes or errors from the mobo but if anyone has any suggestions on how to get those from the mobo i have that would be amazing.

Graphics card has been checked on an alternate system works fine, same with the ram as well as checking an alternate PSU. Only thing i haven't been able to check is CPU but i have reseated it to be sure it hasn't shifted.

Mobo - Asrock ab350 pro4
CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x
Ram - 32gb Ripjaws
Graphics Card - GTX 1070ti

As i've said everything was working fine so it's not a compatibility issue.
When did it stop posting?

Mar 21, 2020
When did it stop posting?
I had to transport my PC recently - I've done this multiple times and can't imagine it's been some sort of short. It obviously could be that the Mobo is dead since moving but it goes straight into spinning fans without pressing the power button or jumping the pins. Can't seem to find much info forums either of people having a similar issues! Any ideas?

Jul 27, 2019
I had to transport my PC recently - I've done this multiple times and can't imagine it's been some sort of short. It obviously could be that the Mobo is dead since moving but it goes straight into spinning fans without pressing the power button or jumping the pins. Can't seem to find much info forums either of people having a similar issues! Any ideas?
I had this exact same issue with my xeon motherboard. When I would plug in the power supply cord the fans would just start for a split second without pressing the power button or anything. When I did press the power button it did the exact same thing. I thought it was my power supply at first, because my motherboard lights turned on whenever I plugged it in, but after replacing the board it worked. Even though in my case it was my motherboard it could still be your CPU or your ram because a computer won't even start up without those three essential components working together.

Reactions: iheartblob