vainsy

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Just wondering what is ideal for a 360mm AIO. Currently looking at using the Coolermaster MasterLiquid ML360R unless someone recommends anything else.

If I mounted top I would have the fans exhausting and if front they would be intake obviously.

Also, would be mounted in a Phanteks P500A FYI.

Cheers,

Solution
There are lots of people who say different things.

If you put it at the front, it will get the freshest air, but it will draw "hot" (it won't be hot, just a little warmer than usual) in the case, which will make your gpu a tad bit hotter, i'd say, under regular use like gaming, the gpu might be 3-5c higher (because of the hotter air from the cpu), depending on the scenario.

If you put it at the top, the cpu will draw the recycled air from the system which is gonna hurt it a little, but this very very case specific. (yes that was a pun)
In larger cases, or when using a blower style gpu, this matters less because there is more fresh air that's in the system.

I put mine at the top, since the gpu is more likely to heat up than the cpu...
There are lots of people who say different things.

If you put it at the front, it will get the freshest air, but it will draw "hot" (it won't be hot, just a little warmer than usual) in the case, which will make your gpu a tad bit hotter, i'd say, under regular use like gaming, the gpu might be 3-5c higher (because of the hotter air from the cpu), depending on the scenario.

If you put it at the top, the cpu will draw the recycled air from the system which is gonna hurt it a little, but this very very case specific. (yes that was a pun)
In larger cases, or when using a blower style gpu, this matters less because there is more fresh air that's in the system.

I put mine at the top, since the gpu is more likely to heat up than the cpu in most cases.

Solution
Well you certainly have a versatile case to do it either way.

Bearing in mind that your case temps will never be lower than ambient, I like to top mount with air intake and decent 140mm rear extraction fans.
All depends on your CPU, your Overclock and GPU so liist them for better advice or opinions.

vainsy

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Well you certainly have a versatile case to do it either way.

Bearing in mind that your case temps will never be lower than ambient, I like to top mount with air intake and decent 140mm rear extraction fans.
All depends on your CPU, your Overclock and GPU so liist them for better advice or opinions.

I will be cooling a 10900K with maybe a slight overclock to an all core 5.1 or 5GHZ (Depending what I am able to do) and the GPU will be a 3080 or whatever the equivalent is.

TRENDING THREADS