[SOLVED] Games keep crashing or computer restarts itself ?

sakkeex

Reputable
Mar 29, 2016
Hi

So my games keeps crashing or restarts the whole computer, no bsod and event viewer doesnt show anything either
All the voltages looks good also.

Things i have tried so far:

reinstalled drivers
Tried with another GPU
Did memory diagnostic and switched RAM to different slots
CPU temperature is good(62 celsius when gaming Ryzen 5 3600)
All the drives are good according to crystaldiscinfo
Latest BIOS

PC specs
Mobo: Asrock ab350m
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Rx 5500 XT
PSU: EVGA 500 BQ
Memory: G.skill flare x

Solution
I doubt it's a driver issue especially that you don't get any errors in event viewer. Sounds like electrical problem - hence PSU. Recommended PSU wattage for your system is 550W, it just simply doesn't have enough juice. Get something like Corsair RM850x.
Jul 6, 2020
Hi

So my games keeps crashing or restarts the whole computer, no bsod and event viewer doesnt show anything either

reinstalled drivers
Tried with another GPU
Latest BIOS

PC specs
Try Driver Booster 8 to check if ALL your drivers are up to date

Jul 6, 2020
Hi

reinstalled drivers
Tried with another GPU
Latest BIOS

PC specs
How is the airflow in your case? and is your PSU mounted at the top or bottom in your case? Because if you don't have any airflow in your case your components could produce enough heat inside the case which could trigger the PSU's temperature safety mechanism to shut off.
plus if your PSU is working hard(close to it's limit) it generates alot more heat which could possibly trigger that safety mechanism aswell.
It could also be that you simply do not have enough watt for your system (seems unlikely)

Jul 6, 2020
They are notorious for installing incorrect or outdated drivers.
I would recommend you actually check up on the software, some reviews, even try the program yourself if you haven't. This software has solved so many issues for so many people including myself and friends. From my understanding driver booster 8 is one of the more reliable program that actually does what it is supposed to.
It also automatically backs up every single driver update you do so you easily can roll back in case problems were to occur after any updates.

madchemist83

Distinguished
I doubt it's a driver issue especially that you don't get any errors in event viewer. Sounds like electrical problem - hence PSU. Recommended PSU wattage for your system is 550W, it just simply doesn't have enough juice. Get something like Corsair RM850x.

Solution

sakkeex

Reputable
Mar 29, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. So i got my new motherboard which i order a while ago, fresh installed windows, still crashing but not as frequently. I will order new psu soon.

sakkeex

Reputable
Mar 29, 2016
How is the airflow in your case? and is your PSU mounted at the top or bottom in your case? Because if you don't have any airflow in your case your components could produce enough heat inside the case which could trigger the PSU's temperature safety mechanism to shut off.
plus if your PSU is working hard(close to it's limit) it generates alot more heat which could possibly trigger that safety mechanism aswell.
It could also be that you simply do not have enough watt for your system (seems unlikely)
I think airflow is fine, 2 intake fans and 3 exhaust. PSU is placed bottom of the case. Will order new psu soon