Jul 1, 2023
Recently had a thunderstorm the previous night and upon turning on my computer today only 1 of my 3 monitors would turn on. The orange LED light showing that the monitor is off isn't on either making me believe my monitors are dead. After troubleshooting with them and the rest of my PC for awhile I noticed a red light was on my motherboard next to VGA. So I decided to unplug my graphics card, insert it into another port and plug it back in only for nothing to change. The fans spin for about a minute upon booting up my PC but after the minute the fans on my graphics card stop and the LED lights never come on. Now I can't even get anything to display on my 3rd monitor. Is my graphics card dead? What can I do to fix it if anything? Thanks.

Rexer

Distinguished
Lighting/thunder storms destroy a lot of electronics. Albeit, when I use to work at a computer repair shop, we would always see computers fritzed out or dead after a lighting/thunder storm. Electronics with micro electronics can suffer instantly. I have my computer electronics plugged into a battery back up (UPS unit; unlimited power supply). It regulates the current and cleans it up. Doesn't let spikes come in, sustains the current voltage if it drops (brown out) or 'black out' giving enough time to shut off your hardware. Power strips aren't enough to do the job.
UPS units are getting a little pricy. But if you can afford it, I would get one.