hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Alright, so I just got my hands on an rx 460 4gb gpu and a 1155 mobo, with i3-3rd gen cpu, and 4gb ddr3 ram. Now this is probably one of the most complicated cases ever. So I booted the mobo + cpu + ram and an ssd and it worked fine etc. But then I tried to put my 460 in the pcie slot (I'm sure it works cuz I played hours with it in previous pc), and no display. All fans spin etc, but just no display... nothing
If I remove 460 it works fine. Tried resetting bios 500 times, tried changing ram, (tested ram), even tried taking my brothers gt 730. With this gpu I can get till the gigabyte logo, but not further... Can't enter bios, even after resetting. Specs: h61m-s1 mobo, i3 cpu, and ram, maybe an ssd but I removed that to but I can't get passed bios logo. My real goal would be to get the 460 working on this pc. I have tried 3 different cables, all work on my other pc but not on this board?
Also I have noticed without gpu in the windows device manager it says no driver at pcie simple controller device.
Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance :D

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Please watch the language
Anyways if you are experiencing this issue then I recommend updating bios, because for me my old bios didn't let me use pcie. That's it. But be careful, because if you flash wrong bios, ur mobo will basically render useless. Good luck! And thanks again for the answers!!! (there aren't any btw)

Last edited by a moderator: