Question GTX 3060 TI has no display when installed on Intel PCs but works fine on AMDs ?

MrPixelWarrior

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Hello guys,

My MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO won't work on Intel PCs.

I tested the GPU on three Intel PCs (i7-10700, i3-9100f, i5-12500) and it has no display at all.

However, when I tested the GPU on two AMD computers (A8-9600 & R5 3600) the GPU works fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Considering you're working with two platforms, we're going to be seeing two(and more) sets of specs. include the PSU for both builds and their age.

MrPixelWarrior

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Considering you're working with two platforms, we're going to be seeing two(and more) sets of specs. include the PSU for both builds and their age.

Hello,

here are the specs of each PCs

Intel i7-10700 (In this build the 3060 Ti didn't work)
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Samsung EVO NVMe 1 TB
MSI GTX 1080 Ti (Main GPU)
Seasonic s12ii 620W
Tecware VXR
Windows 10
Aorus ADQ27QD

Intel i5-12500 (In this build the 3060 Ti didn't work)
ASUS Prime H610M
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Corsair CX 650M

Ryzen 5 3600 (the 3060 Ti works when tested)
Gigabyte Aorus x470
Kingston SSD 1 TB
Gigabyte GTX 1070 (Main GPU)
Cooler Master MWE 600W

AMD a8-9600 (No GPU, but the 3060 Ti works when tested)
ASUS a320m-k
crucial SSD 500 GB
1st Player DK 600W/500W 80+
Tecware Forge
Windows 10
Samsung 23 inch monitor

Hope this helps, thanks!

MrPixelWarrior

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Thanks for the help guys, tried everything like changing the monitors, changing the cables HDMI, DisplayPort but it nothing really works so I just decided to return the GPU for a warranty replacement.

How is it a faulty GPU when you get no display using iGPU? 🤔
I think he means that the computers that he uses the iGPUs on are fine until he put the graphics card in. It also may have to do with how Intel uses the PCIe slot as compared to AMD assuming they were all slotted in on the top PCIe slot controlled by the CPU. Could have to fiddle with BIOS options regarding PCIe management.

MrPixelWarrior

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
When the GPU is plugged in Intel PCs, the computer turns on just fine and it has a display when I plugged the cable to the iGPUs. Problem is the computer isn't detecting the GPU in devmgmt, nor in BIOS.

AMD PCs are okay and I can pretty much swap the display between onboard graphics and the GPU. The BIOS and devmgmt can detect the GPU too.

I tried these steps before I sent the GPU for warranty
  1. Uninstalled the GPU drivers using DDU (Didn't work it still won't show up in Intel PCs)
  2. Updated the GPU BIOS from techpowerup (Update was success, was able to see the latest version of the GPU on an AMD PC, but still the GPU didn't show up when plugged in Intel PC)
  3. Tried the other PCIe slot (Z490 motherboard) but the computer still can't detect the GPU.

The retail store will update me after a month