noxinum

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello,

I recently purchased a new screen (144hz) and when I watch videos on google chrome on youtube on that same screen, I get some “artifacts” but when I enabled Hardware acceleration those same “artifacts” went away but in its place came a choppy youtube video ( video freezing while audio keeps going, buffering when it’s already loaded and slow reproduction if I’m doing something else and sometimes when I’m not doing anything besides watching the video) I was wondering why this is and on my laptop my chrome has it enabled and I see no issues with it at all.

My setup is:
Cpu: I5-6600K
Mobo: Z170 Pro Gaming
Gpu: Gigabyte 1060 6Gb

I’m not sure if my cpu is the problem as I also found out it was bottlenecking my ram (3200mhz down to 2133mhz)

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you

noxinum

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
try another browser. other user have issue with nvidia/chrome with hardware acceleration too
I have seen that but, why would my laptop be fine when it has a I7 and a 1050ti (cpu not remembering the exact one ). Plus I would love to, but I have built all my web experience around Chrome and it's kinda hard to change at this point..

TRENDING THREADS