Aug 29, 2021
Case Fans: Corsair Case Fans AF120 Blue LED x3
Power Supply: XPG Core Reactor 650W Gold Modular Power Supply
Cable used to connect to PSU: Molex to 3x3 Pin or 4 Pin Computer PC Case Fan Power Splitter Adapter Cable

I was using the Molex adapter cable to connect the Corsair fans to PSU directly. The Molex cable itself has two male 2-pin connections & one 2-pin Molex connection on the other.

I am confused about this since it says 3x3 Pin or 4 Pin, but each of the three connections only has 2 actual pins

The fan connections fit well enough, with only 2 pins going in, the third female hole of the fan cable connection being empty.
The Molex connection of the PSU had two female holes of the PSU cable connection empty, as there were only 2 pins on the Molex adapter cable. But they all fit!

Unfortunately, upon turning on the PSU, the motherboard lights up, yet neither the Blue LED's light up at all nor the fans spin at all.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be the Molex adapter cable I'm using? Does the fan female cable connection need all 3 holes filled with pins to satisfy the voltage?
Could it be my PSU is broken? Or not enough voltage is getting to the fans?

Thank you very much in advance for anyone considering to help! I humbly appreciate your efforts!
Cheers!

Solution
I have the addressable RGB fans plugged into the motherboard. I was told that since the LED Corsair fans are just Blue LED’s, that I could just plug it into the PSU directly.
But what’s your take on that? Would that work theoretically? Or am I sounding like a nut job? (Which I wouldn’t be surprised since this is my first build and I am slightly lost)
Well, my corsair fans came with a fan hub for the LEDS, but that also connected to the mobo via mobo usb, so that's how I did it. Like I said I've never heard of connecting LED cords straight to the psu though, it could be a solution I've never heard of.
Aug 29, 2021
Don't you plug the fans into the fan headers on the mobo? I never saw fans connected directly to the PSU

I have the addressable RGB fans plugged into the motherboard. I was told that since the LED Corsair fans are just Blue LED’s, that I could just plug it into the PSU directly.
But what’s your take on that? Would that work theoretically? Or am I sounding like a nut job? (Which I wouldn’t be surprised since this is my first build and I am slightly lost)

Well, my corsair fans came with a fan hub for the LEDS, but that also connected to the mobo via mobo usb, so that's how I did it. Like I said I've never heard of connecting LED cords straight to the psu though, it could be a solution I've never heard of.

Solution