Jan 17, 2020
Hello, i'm trying to run Adobe Premiere Pro on my Dell Optiplex 990 sff and have an old NVIDIA GeForce G100 installed in it along with about 8 GB of ram and a 250 watt max PSU. I am wondering what is the best graphics card and power supply, (or just a graphics card on its own) I would need to run Premiere Pro to a decent level on my PC. Any help?

Solution
You can probably run a low profile card that does not need aux 6 pin power on your 250w psu.
Perhaps something like a GTX1050 which would be a good jump in capability.
The 640 CUDA cores can help.

More likely, increasing the ram to 16gb or 32gb would be more important for your app.

Here is an article on PP hardware recommendations.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...obe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Recommendations

It looks like your psu is a TFX format which will come on 300w at most.

You will need to replace your case to bet a stronger ATX psu that can run stronger graphics carrds
You can probably run a low profile card that does not need aux 6 pin power on your 250w psu.

More likely, increasing the ram to 16gb or 32gb would be more important for your app.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...obe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Recommendations

You will need to replace your case to bet a stronger ATX psu that can run stronger graphics carrds

Reactions: Bl__m
Solution
Jan 17, 2020

Do you have any other recommendations for graphics cards?

Jan 17, 2020
What is your budget?
Unless you plan on needing fast action most any graphics card will do.
For fast action gaming, GT1030 is about the minimum.
Anything stronger than a GTX1050 will need a stronger psu that will not fit in your case.
I am just looking for something that I could run Premiere Pro with at decent specs and also maybe play

Jan 17, 2020
What is your budget?
Unless you plan on needing fast action most any graphics card will do.
For fast action gaming, GT1030 is about the minimum.
Anything stronger than a GTX1050 will need a stronger psu that will not fit in your case.
Sorry did not mean to post that last reply. I did some research about the gt 1030 and it seems like it is in my price range for a graphics card. If it would fit into my PC properly, run Premiere Pro properly, and possibly be able to run games such as rainbow six siege in the future, then I would probably choose the gt 1030.

TRENDING THREADS