Aug 30, 2018
So I have a TP link archer T6E and It has great reviews for wireless gaming. (parents will net let me route Ethernet to my room)
So lately I Have been play rainbow 6s and my ping spikes (now I have always had normal network spikes idk why but never ping) so it has been getting annoying. so I have tried CSGO,R6S,insurgency sandstorm. and it does it with all games. I need help because I can only use WIFI. I would really like it to be fixed because it is getting annoying and I play fast paced games.

Solution
If the problem is actually with the wifi itself you have very limited options. Try the 2.4g band if you are using 5g or the reverse. If you have access to the router try to change the wifi channels and see if that helps.....not real likely since you likely have neighbors on all available channels.

There is no such thing as a "good" wifi for gaming. The fundamental designs are opposing. Games use the latency between the server and the client to keep them in sync. It knows how long the data takes to go back and forth and adjusts the game so what you see corresponds. It need extremely consistent latency. Wifi is one of the few network protocols that try to recover lost data. It does this by re transmitting the data...
If the problem is actually with the wifi itself you have very limited options. Try the 2.4g band if you are using 5g or the reverse. If you have access to the router try to change the wifi channels and see if that helps.....not real likely since you likely have neighbors on all available channels.

There is no such thing as a "good" wifi for gaming. The fundamental designs are opposing. Games use the latency between the server and the client to keep them in sync. It knows how long the data takes to go back and forth and adjusts the game so what you see corresponds. It need extremely consistent latency. Wifi is one of the few network protocols that try to recover lost data. It does this by re transmitting the data. This causes random delays in the latency. They just do not work well together no matter what reviews say.

The problem is likely interference from neighbors wifi. There is not much you can do about that, not like you can tell your neighbors to stop using wifi.

You best option if you are not allowed to run ethernet is to use powerline units. The AV2 based units work very well in most houses and they provide a much more stable latency that works well with games.

Now if you can ping your router and you get stable ping times on the wifi then you could have a issue with your internet. You would need to test on ethernet to be 100% sure.

Solution
Aug 30, 2018

There is no such thing as a "good" wifi for gaming. The fundamental designs are opposing. Games use the latency between the server and the client to keep them in sync. It knows how long the data takes to go back and forth and adjusts the game so what you see corresponds. It need extremely consistent latency. Wifi is one of the few network protocols that try to recover lost data. It does this by re transmitting the data. This causes random delays in the latency. They just do not work well together no matter what reviews say.

The problem is likely interference from neighbors wifi. There is not much you can do about that, not like you can tell your neighbors to stop using wifi.

You best option if you are not allowed to run ethernet is to use powerline units. The AV2 based units work very well in most houses and they provide a much more stable latency that works well with games.

Now if you can ping your router and you get stable ping times on the wifi then you could have a issue with your internet. You would need to test on ethernet to be 100% sure.
ok thanks man I just dont have money so thanks anyways are there any settings I can change