Jun 19, 2020
I’ve had my pc for about two years (can list specs) and never have had a problem with overheating especially my cpu, considering I have a AIO NZXT Kraken cpu cooler, recently my cpu has been heating up to degrees around 90-100 °C when playing cpu and gpu intensive games to the point where I don’t want to melt the CPU. I’m also getting idle temps around 60-70° C which makes no sense with the watercolors I have on.

I’ve tried almost everything to no avail, cleaning the fans with air duster, same with the radiator on the cooler, i’ve replaced the thermal paste twice now, with temps still staying the same.

I’ve also noticed that the fans, specifically the one on my CPU cooler have been extremely loud when the heat gets to a high temp which is a new thing for my computer as for the past to years it’s been nearly silent, maybe that could have something to do with it? Or maybe it’s just because it’s heating up so bad?

Either or does anyone have any solutions to this? I’m unable to run my pc without it going to 100°C when under load

Like I said I can list specs and would love any help from anyone that’s had or knows what to do in this situation. Thanks

Solution
Perhaps the pump on the AIO broke (it happens). Place your hand on the pump and turn the system on, you should be able to feel a vibration if it's running correctly. Another possible issue could be a blockage in the line.

Which cooler is it exactly? Is it still within warranty?

WildCard999

Titan
Perhaps the pump on the AIO broke (it happens). Place your hand on the pump and turn the system on, you should be able to feel a vibration if it's running correctly. Another possible issue could be a blockage in the line.

Reactions: aidan9082
Solution
Jun 19, 2020

I just did that to not much of a vibration, is it very noticeable? because i get something but not a vibration where i can say i definitely felt it

Its the “NZXT KRACKEN M22 AIO”

I don’t think i have the box, but it was ordered on amazon so it might work if I send the support team a message

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
This is the problem with AIO. Pump have life span 1-2 years depending on how much daily you use it.
I have a computer that 24/7 and AIO Cooling did not last 8 months on me... pump fail.

Air Cooling is the best way along with IG Thermal Pad as it does not degrade overtime compare to Thermal paste so no more replacing thermal paste every 1-2 years.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Would you say most likely it’s time to replace the AIO with a new one?

Yea..AIO isn't good for a long run.. it look nice + better temp + low noise. But you have to replace it all the time.. I learn from it, its not worth it.

I still have my old gaming pc i7 6700 with Hyper 212 + IG Thermal Pad for guest gamer.. so far the only thing i replace is fan *i dont need to take out the heatsink or clean thermal paste. I never did any maintenance on it for 2 years since i replace the thermal paste over the thermal pad.. 120mm fan is cheaper compare to AIO..

As long your case have good intake front panel, you be fine with Air cooler.

WildCard999

Titan
I just did that to not much of a vibration, is it very noticeable? because i get something but not a vibration where i can say i definitely felt it

Its the “NZXT KRACKEN M22 AIO”

I don’t think i have the box, but it was ordered on amazon so it might work if I send the support team a message
It should be pretty noticeable so maybe the pump did die.