[SOLVED] I7 13700K temps too high on Noctua NHD15. Thinking to upgrading to Kraken x63

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
Hi guys
I am currently using a I7 13700K on my Lian Li 215 Case. Due to Ram clearance My CPU cooler NOCTUA NHD15 CROMAX is mounted up side down. Meaning Fans are pointing towards the Top of the case.
When On idle My temps are 40C. When gaming temps are somewhere in the region of 70c to 80c. But when plying Cyberpunk temps going upto 90c. and when doing R23 bench it reaches 100C instantly.
I was thinking to upgrading to AIO NZXT KRAKEN X63 or X73. Do you think it will make a diff when gaming?
My spec
I7 13700K
GIGABYE 4070TI AORUS ELITE
ASUS TUF GAMING DDR5
32GB RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT SMPS. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I guess it depend on what you mean "make a difference". The temp will of course be lower but since the cpu is not being throttled by the current heat you likely will not get any different performance. Check with something like cpu-z
Both those AIO are expensive because of all the fancy bling you can get similar performance AIO for less.
I guess it depend on what you mean "make a difference". The temp will of course be lower but since the cpu is not being throttled by the current heat you likely will not get any different performance. Check with something like cpu-z
Both those AIO are expensive because of all the fancy bling you can get similar performance AIO for less.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Due to Ram clearance My CPU cooler NOCTUA NHD15 CROMAX is mounted up side down. Meaning Fans are pointing towards the Top of the case.
Why? You're choking the front fan and have made the gpu the cooler's primary source of air.
Replace the front fan with a 120mm. If the ram is too tall for that, just run single fan; it'd basically be like a D15S, and that one didn't lose much from being a single fan cooler.

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I dont really care about the performance all i want is lower temps when gaming. games like cyberpunk i want the temps to be at like 70c. I play on a 1080p monitor so performance is a non issue. And during video editing and rendering temps are really good. even with this Noctua.