Schnail

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Hello, (sorry if im in incorrect thread)
My laptop always frame dropping in all games, even after i undervolted it. I think it was caused by Power Limit Throttling. The frame drops esulting in very unpleasant gaming experience especially in competitive games like R6 or CSGO. Im not quite sure whether this is normal or not but i think my laptop shouldn't behave like this.
Intel XTU graphs
My laptop specs:
-i5 8300h 2.30Ghz (Undervolted -110v)
-GTX 1050 4GB
-8GB 2400mhz DDR4 Ram
-1 Tb 7200rpm HDD
-Windows 10 Home 1903 build 18362
Please help me! Thanks in advance

Go into the Windows power plan and set it to performance and see if it still does this. Sometimes this can cause issues if it is on a power saver mode. What are the temperatures of the CPU and GPU when playing said games and experiencing this issue? Judging by the XTU image it looks like the CPU may be thermally throttling the CPU in order to keep the temperatures under control.

Schnail

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Go into the Windows power plan and set it to performance and see if it still does this. Sometimes this can cause issues if it is on a power saver mode. What are the temperatures of the CPU and GPU when playing said games and experiencing this issue? Judging by the XTU image it looks like the CPU may be thermally throttling the CPU in order to keep the temperatures under control.
I always set my windows power plan to high performance when gaming, i have tried changing it betweet balanced, power saver and high performance to no avail, it just keeps happening. During gameplay my CPU temperature was around 66-78C and my GPU temp was 65-72C