Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
When I press the power button my whole pc starts running but I don't get a display or a post. Does this mean my CPU is damaged? I am also considering it is a graphics card problem, since one of the lights on the graphics card turns red when I turn it on. I have reseated my ram, but I don't get a beep from my mother board when there isn't any ram present, which also worries me.

Solution
The leds are diagnostic. They'll light up for only a second, then shut off unless there's an error.

Boot lights/off = no bios error
Dram lights/off = no ram error
Cpu lights/off = no cpu error
VGA lights/on = gpu output error.

Yes, you absolutely need an 8pin and 6pin pcie plugged into the video card....

You won't get a beep unless there is a pico speaker plugged into the mobo, down next to where the front panel buttons/leds plug in.
When I press the power button my whole pc starts running but I don't get a display or a post. Does this mean my CPU is damaged? I am also considering it is a graphics card problem, since one of the lights on the graphics card turns red when I turn it on. I have reseated my ram, but I don't get a beep from my mother board when there isn't any ram present, which also worries me.

Try running it without a GPU if you have integrated GPU.

When I first boot my pc up, a red light pops up next to the "cpu" lettering, but after a second or two if shuts off and a red light appears next to the "vga" text like it is now.

Was the system working before or its the first time you are powering it up?

If its the first time, try checking that all cables like power are correctly connected and that there is no bent CPU pins. Also check your motherboard manual for compatible memory configurations.

I am struggling to loosen the wraith stealth cooler, it seems as if the screws cannot be unscrewed.

I would try every component in another PC to pinpoint the problem but I think the RAM might not be compatible. Ryzen is very picky about RAM, especially if its not on the QVL memory list of your motherboard.

Look at this video to remove it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1cOQhevqE

Reactions: Ziferous

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
I would try every component in another PC to pinpoint the problem but I think the RAM might not be compatible. Ryzen is very picky about RAM, especially if its not on the QVL memory list of your motherboard.

Look at this video to remove it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1cOQhevqE
I appreciate the video but I am struggling to unscrew it, do I need to take the mobo off of its posts to do so?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The leds are diagnostic. They'll light up for only a second, then shut off unless there's an error.

You won't get a beep unless there is a pico speaker plugged into the mobo, down next to where the front panel buttons/leds plug in.

Reactions: Ziferous
Solution

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017

So how would I fix the vga error?

TRENDING THREADS