Question Laptop Freezes after couple minutes of use, but works ok on Safe Mode

Arunashamal

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
So I have this Acer Laptop, you could use it for like 5-10 mins and screen goes dark for just a split second and comeback and everything is frozen, no key nothing works. And when I listen to the hard drive I can hear a repetitive sound like its stuck, and trying to access something.
But if I put it to safe mode it works fine and no stuck sound from the HDD.
I thought it was a driver issue since it was working fine on Safe Mode, but if that is the case would the HDD be stuck when it freezes?? or is the problem is with the hard drive? if so there is no reason for it to work perfectly on safe mode ?no??
Any ideas?

popatim

Titan
Except safe mode doesn't load everything so you may not encounter the issue because Windows doesn't need anything from the affected area of the drive.

Please run CrystalDiskInfo, take a screenshot of the drive's SMART, host it on an image sharing site, such as imgur, and link us to it please (bbc code)

Thank you.

Arunashamal

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
Except safe mode doesn't load everything so you may not encounter the issue because Windows doesn't need anything from the affected area of the drive.

Please run CrystalDiskInfo, take a screenshot of the drive's SMART, host it on an image sharing site, such as imgur, and link us to it please (bbc code)

Thank you.
Ok I found the issue, It is caused by the radeon r5 driver. but the problem is windows November update is causing clashing with the drivers and freeze...It works fine on older version of windows 10, I'd guess they won't release an update to fix it...
any idea how to get around this issue, without downgrading to older windows!