alreadyfuell

Honorable
Mar 29, 2017
Laptop gpu crash while charging, my msi gf63 with i7 8750h and 1050 is working perfectly if its not connected to the wall
But as soon as i connect it, and run some benchmark or games, it would artifact, notify me an error nvlddmkm.sys and also freezes before running again and repeat itself.

my gpu runs at 1500-1911mhz core
but the difference is apparent in memory clock speed,
2,500mhz on battery, and 3,500mhz while charging.
temps also different with up to 60 on battery and up to 80 or 90 while plugged in
and my laptop doesnt come with vram sensor so i dont know how high they are

Could this be a problem of my temps? (especially my vram)
or my power brick / ac connector? ( i bought aftermarket charger because my original charger kinda broke down)

1st pic is on battery, ( no artifact, lower fps, lower memory clock, stable gpu usage + lower temps)
and and 2nd pic is while plugging in ( gpu usage is going up and then go to 0, repeats itself also with artifacts + higher temps)

unknown.png
unknown.png

Lutfij

Titan
i bought aftermarket charger because my original charger kinda broke down)
Is it a genuine part?

Have you checked to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Also, where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install all relevant drivers for your laptop manually and in an elevated command?

alreadyfuell

Honorable
Mar 29, 2017
i bought aftermarket charger because my original charger kinda broke down)
Is it a genuine part?

Have you checked to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Also, where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install all relevant drivers for your laptop manually and in an elevated command?
no, i bought another brand power brick with the same specification.
But when i remember clearly, my gpu is also like this even when i use my original genuine psu brick

there is no more bios update when i check, and i reinstalled all of my drivers with ddu in save mode.

alreadyfuell

Honorable
Mar 29, 2017
Link to the adapter, please?

There are other questions you didn't answer.
there is no more bios update when i check, and i reinstalled all of my drivers with ddu in save mode.

here is the spec on the brick itself, as for the link i dont remember where was the link, it kinda dissapears with my purchasing history
IMG_20220802_222710.jpg

TRENDING THREADS