Specs ;

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909
Ryzen 5 2600
Zotac Rtx 2060
16GB XPG ram
B450m asrock steel legend
120GB SSD Gigabyte GP-GSTFS31120GNTD Health 97%
1 TB HDD Seagate ST1000NM0033-9ZM173 Health 100% source hddsentinel*

Hi, so my weird problem is, when ever im using my PC {not idle} . My Seagate hdd randomly disconnect after a Buzz sound produce and few seconds later will connected back. The sound produce by the HDD is the same as when we force shutdown our PC / Or turn on PC. Its like the HDD restarting randomly and I have no Idea. All the Data inside is safe no data loss.

Example of situation, while I playing games ( all my games installed in HDD) , the game will kick me out for a whie and i found out it is due to the HDD disconnected. Few second later after the HDD connected back, the game will continue like nothing happens. Its annoyed me since I will be kicked out or stuck for a while in the game until the HDD connected back.

The possible solution I hav tried was ;
-Change other Sata port
-Just now change Sata cable
-Scanning for virus using Malwarebytes and Windows Defender

This problem starts to happen when I leave my Pc turned off for a month. Date if turning it back on is 1st February 2021.

Thanks you, Pls help me

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Fully Scan the hdd using chk disk and use third party software for surface scan for any errors.
Do you change location of cpu from one place to other during 1 month phase.

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
This would in my exp, 20 yrs in the industry, lead me to believe the HDD is failing, or perhaps your cheap MB power is stuttering intermittently. That 2060 draws almost 200w peak power, it could also be an under wattage PSU. You state it happens during gaming, which is when you are gonna be drawing the most power in an average system. Are sure you are using a large enough PSU? Could also be that the power being supplied from the PSU is a high enough wattage, but that the electrical "noise" from a low quality one can cause too much ripple for your HDD to run reliably.

Reactions: Ds_Tech

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Fully Scan the hdd using chk disk and use third party software for surface scan for any errors.
Do you change location of cpu from one place to other during 1 month phase.
no i have left the PC completely alone. I hav run fullscan using windows defender. Will try your suggestion soon. Thanks

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
This would in my exp, 20 yrs in the industry, lead me to believe the HDD is failing, or perhaps your cheap MB power is stuttering intermittently. That 2060 draws almost 200w peak power, it could also be an under wattage PSU. You state it happens during gaming, which is when you are gonna be drawing the most power in an average system. Are sure you are using a large enough PSU? Could also be that the power being supplied from the PSU is a high enough wattage, but that the electrical "noise" from a low quality one can cause too much ripple for your HDD to run reliably.
Im using a cheap 80+ bronze rated GPU 550Watt. Aigo GP550 and still under warranty. The HDD disconnect problem doesnt always occur on gaming. It can also occur after I just turned on the PC.
I found a temporary solution which is changing the SATA port will prevent the problem to occur around 4-6days. After that It will comes back and I need to change the SATA port and pray for my luck. Have tried it 2 times .

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
Im using a cheap 80+ bronze rated GPU 550Watt. Aigo GP550 and still under warranty. The HDD disconnect problem doesnt always occur on gaming. It can also occur after I just turned on the PC.
I found a temporary solution which is changing the SATA port will prevent the problem to occur around 4-6days. After that It will comes back and I need to change the SATA port and pray for my luck. Have tried it 2 times .
Boot would be another time it draws a bunch of power as all devices turn on for a self test.

Status
Not open for further replies.