[SOLVED] Mesh WIFI and LAN cannot communicate

Oct 1, 2021
Hi! I bought a Taotronic mesh router. I disabled the wifi on my ISP router and connected the mesh router to the ISP router. I then put my ISP router into bridge mode, mainly so my wireless Xbox will not be behind a double nat. Everything works great, except for one thing. The devices on the mesh router which have 192.168.10.xxx addresses cannot communicate with the devices on the LAN network, which have 192.168.1.xxx addresses. Does anyone know how I can have the 192.168.1 subnet talk to the 192.168.10 subnet? I am guessing the change would need to be done on the mesh router, or the ISP router, or both? Any ideas?

Solution
The ISP router is creating this subnet by default. All wired devices connected to it get placed in this subnet, even the mesh router (as it is connected to the ISP router). Port 1 of the ISP router is in bridge mode, and this port 1 goes to the mesh router. Devices on the mesh router are placed in it's 192.168.10 subnet. I'd like the wireless 192.168.10 devices to be able to communicate with the devices plugged into the ISP router LAN subnet of 192.168.1.
If the ISP router is creating the 192.168.1.x then it isn't correctly in bridge mode. It is still acting as a router and you probably DO have double NAT.
Simplest option would be to move the wired connections to the Taotronic LAN ports.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi! I bought a Taotronic mesh router. I disabled the wifi on my ISP router and connected the mesh router to the ISP router. I then put my ISP router into bridge mode, mainly so my wireless Xbox will not be behind a double nat. Everything works great, except for one thing. The devices on the mesh router which have 192.168.10.xxx addresses cannot communicate with the devices on the LAN network, which have 192.168.1.xxx addresses. Does anyone know how I can have the 192.168.1 subnet talk to the 192.168.10 subnet? I am guessing the change would need to be done on the mesh router, or the ISP router, or both? Any ideas?
What is creating the 192.168.1.x network? The ISP router or the Taotronic router?
What are the wired ports connected to ?

Oct 1, 2021
What is creating the 192.168.1.x network? The ISP router or the Taotronic router?
What are the wired ports connected to ?
The ISP router is creating this subnet by default. All wired devices connected to it get placed in this subnet, even the mesh router (as it is connected to the ISP router). Port 1 of the ISP router is in bridge mode, and this port 1 goes to the mesh router. Devices on the mesh router are placed in it's 192.168.10 subnet. I'd like the wireless 192.168.10 devices to be able to communicate with the devices plugged into the ISP router LAN subnet of 192.168.1.

kanewolf

Titan
If the ISP router is creating the 192.168.1.x then it isn't correctly in bridge mode. It is still acting as a router and you probably DO have double NAT.
Simplest option would be to move the wired connections to the Taotronic LAN ports.

Solution
Oct 1, 2021
Only port 1 (which feeds the mesh router) is in bridge mode. The other ports provide network connectivity for my LAN devices, as the mesh router is not in a convenient location to provide that. I was hoping there was an easy way to just configure the routers to communicate with each other's subnet.

kanewolf

Titan
Only port 1 (which feeds the mesh router) is in bridge mode. The other ports provide network connectivity for my LAN devices, as the mesh router is not in a convenient location to provide that. I was hoping there was an easy way to just configure the routers to communicate with each other's subnet.
Nope. The mesh router treats everything on the WAN port as the internet.
What prevents the primary mesh unit from being co-located with the ISP router? That would be the typical implementation if the ISP provided just a modem (which a router in bridge mode is).