Slothify

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
My Monitor keeps freezing and black screens after I play a video game. This also happens when I'm not playing video games and just web browsing. The way I'm trying to fix this is by using event viewer and diagnosing it from there.
unknown.png
please help me find a fix and thank you.

Jul 22, 2020
www.webseven.it
Have youe been able to fix or found a solution?
NO:confused2: i haven't found a fix yet. I see the black screen 1-2 times per day......max i had 3 times per day, and i use my pc for work. The pc doesn't crash and i dont have to restart it but its very annoying. If i go to see in the "Reliability Monitor" in the control panel, the black screen is reported as an hardware problem. Off corse it is, but not because my hardware is broken but the software is causing my hardware to fail. Microsoft is silent on this issues so far.

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
i dont think is an hardware problem. I have the same issue and all started after windows versione 2004 and related cumulative updates.

Are you getting any other graphical issues? I upgraded to a 2070 Super and am experiencing what this thread describes. I'm on Windows 10 version 2004. 1909 did something different for the day I had it and my RTX at the same time (artefacts). Unlike what OP says, reliability monitor and Event Viewer don't show anything having gone wrong

Jul 22, 2020
www.webseven.it
Are you getting any other graphical issues? I upgraded to a 2070 Super and am experiencing what this thread describes. I'm on Windows 10 version 2004. 1909 did something different for the day I had it and my RTX at the same time (artefacts). Unlike what OP says, reliability monitor and Event Viewer don't show anything having gone wrong
No, just 2/3 second of black screen.

jack.mckenzie199

Reputable
Feb 25, 2018
NO:confused2: i haven't found a fix yet. I see the black screen 1-2 times per day......max i had 3 times per day, and i use my pc for work. The pc doesn't crash and i dont have to restart it but its very annoying. If i go to see in the "Reliability Monitor" in the control panel, the black screen is reported as an hardware problem. Off corse it is, but not because my hardware is broken but the software is causing my hardware to fail. Microsoft is silent on this issues so far.

I think I'm having the same issue, though my PC is running version 1903, apparently I've never hit the update wave. It started happening 2 days ago after a update that ran itself overnight so I'm going to try installing windows 2004 to see if anything happens.

Update: didn't fix anything, rip

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020
www.webseven.it
I think I'm having the same issue, though my PC is running version 1903, apparently I've never hit the update wave. It started happening 2 days ago after a update that ran itself overnight so I'm going to try installing windows 2004 to see if anything happens.

Update: didn't fix anything, rip
Hi, maybe i found a way to fix this problem. Now it's been about 2 days without black screen. What i did is uninstall the graphic driver with DDU and reinstall the latest driver. I don't know what was causing the problem but i guess one of the latest windows comulative update messed up with my Nvidia driver.

jack.mckenzie199

Reputable
Feb 25, 2018
Hi, maybe i found a way to fix this problem. Now it's been about 2 days without black screen. What i did is uninstall the graphic driver with DDU and reinstall the latest driver. I don't know what was causing the problem but i guess one of the latest windows comulative update messed up with my Nvidia driver.

Hi, thanks for the update. I actually just managed to fix it mine, the cable from the PSU wasn't providing enough power to the graphics card so I replaced them and it was fixed.