Dec 25, 2020
I am building a new system with some Christmas upgrades, and I have ran into quite a weird issue my entire PC turns on, the fans, the motherboard, the cpu radiatior/pump etc. except my graphics card, but the weird thing is the fans spin, but the green led light does not turn on and my monitors do not have a signal from my graphics card (black screen when PC is turned on), here are a few trouble shooting things that I have already debunked
  1. It is not my power supply because every other thing in my case turns on except the gpu (its a 850w 80+ Gold, and i have a 2080ti)
  2. It may not be my PCIE cables going into my GPU because I tried 4 different PCIE cables with no luck
  3. my graphics card is not dead, because hours before I installed the new component, I was playing on my old build with my gpu thriving
  4. It could be my motherboard, but my mother board has a fan and that spins up when the computer is started and the mother boards power is the thing spinning the gpu fans, also I tried both PCIE slots and they both had no effect, still not working
  5. I cleaned my ram, and put it in different slots so I don’t believe that’s the problem
NOTE: I cannot do anything in the bios as my monitor’s don’t get a signal from my GPU because it is broken

My best guess is that there is something wrong with the PCIE cable or the socket that is on my GPU, as I said before when both PCIE plugs are not inserted in the GPU the on board fans spin, and all of my PCIE plugs (4) had no good or bad effect on it.

NOTE 2: I have a 3070 in another build and I tried it in my build with the problem and it wouldn’t turn on too (black screen)

PC SPECS:
2080ti founders edition
gigabyte x570 aorus elite MOBO
16gb (2x 8gb) ddr4 ram
Ryzen 7 2700x
GIGABYTE p850gm power supply (850W 80+ gold)
cpu is cooled By single fan corsair radiator and pump
6 fans including the cpu cooler fan
2 monitors, one is DVI, the other is HDMI (no response from both)

Dec 25, 2020
Have you tried listening for beep codes? I'm no computer expert so forgive me if this is unnecessary, but it sounds like it might help you.
https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

I'm in a very similar situation to you, so I can't really help any further than this. I don't even get any beeps, so I'll probably try a new motherboard or something...