Apr 8, 2020
I have a dell Vostro 3560 64bit

intel i5 3230M processor

intel HD 4000

AMD RADEON HD 7600M series

Intel is the main display driver and amd is the render

Let me tell the whole condition

Months ago my laptop was upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and because of that all my games got slow.

The only solution that worked for me was to uninstall the amd display driver and then my games ran almost smoothly at around 30-35fps ( the same games ran at 50-60 fps in windows 7)

Then just yesterday for the sake of the computer, I reinstalled the amd catalyst driver and BOOM my fps game in one went to 45 fps (World of Warships) but in game 2 (fortnite) the fps dropped to 15fps from 30.

Today I was jus interested in seeing the ram chips and slots of my laptop, so I have 2 slots 2x4gb rams, I interchanged both the rams from the slots and a beeping sound came 4 times, so I again put them back in their respective places, one was a green ram another a blue one. The blue one has 16 black chips, 8 on each side, the green one has 8 chips with 4 on each side.

Today in order to increase my performance I tried to increase my VRAM(32mb) to around 512 mb in the registry, but it didn't work, created GMM file under intel, and in the GMM file I created a D-Word 32bit and named it dedicatedsegmentsize and entered the value as 512, but no change occurred.

I know that vram can be changed in bios, but my laptop doesn't support it.

Today too I installed and reinstalled and deleted the amd catalyst center several times, but no difference in the performance, so I again uninstalled the amd driver in device manager and only have intel HD 4000. That seems to improve my game performance in a few games.

I just need a way to get back my old fast pc

Please just give me a definite solution to this.

Thanks

ocrymble

Commendable
Nov 26, 2018
Your PC is old, and slow. Windows 10 is more demanding and as such will slow down. The graphics in your PC are terrible. I would buy an External GPU Slot (About 100 bucks) and then a decent GPU. 750ti's are cheap and can work wonders for an older system.

You could go back to windows 7, if you have no money. Just look up Windows 10 to Windows 7 and there should be plenty of material.

Apr 8, 2020
Hey bro,
Thanks for your reply

But can you tell me whats the reason behind my games running faster when I uninstall the amd drivers?

I have planned to revert back to windows 7

Thanks