Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
Hi i will sell my b450 tomahawk and r5 and want upgrade for next zen 3 and rx 6000 so which mobo should i get from this list from 1 >>last?

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK -----------
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4-------
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE----------
X570 Aorus Elite-------------------
MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk-------------- this board is not avaliable atm in my country so is ??
B550 AORUS PRO --------------------

Solution
Hi i will sell my b450 tomahawk and r5 and want upgrade for next zen 3 and rx 6000 so which mobo should i get from this list from 1 >>last?

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk-------------- this board is not avaliable atm in my country so is ??

Why sell your motherboard? AMD have confirmed that B450 boards are getting a bios update to support Zen 3 cpu's in the new year and the B450 Tomohawk has a really good VRM so should handle the cpu no issue.... if it were me I'd keep the board and just drop in the new CPU. The only thing you won't get is PCIe 4.0, but I...

Why sell your motherboard? AMD have confirmed that B450 boards are getting a bios update to support Zen 3 cpu's in the new year and the B450 Tomohawk has a really good VRM so should handle the cpu no issue.... if it were me I'd keep the board and just drop in the new CPU. The only thing you won't get is PCIe 4.0, but I doubt that will make much if any difference to anything.

If you do want a new board, The B550 Tomahawk is a good choice, decent VRM and plenty of features for the money. I'd only bother with an X570 if you need extra PCIe 4.0 devices or another high end feature not offered on a B550 (e.g. 2.5 or 5 gig ethernet, built in Wifi or whatever).

Solution

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
i think tomahawk is best board because of its features and its overclocking potential. i just installed mine last night! although i didnt do as much research into the other companies as i should have, probably.

Oct 29, 2020
Here's a good VRM tier list:

I suggest considering the motherboards and compare how they match your budget, and pick whichever one accordingly.

I agree with utilizing your motherboards warranty to return it and upgrade to a different board. Fantastic idea!

FYI: This list only includes the better of the b550/x570 boards so if there isn't a board in there you're looking for then it probably isn't worth upgrading to. If you want to find more tier lists, just search up b550/x570 tier list on google.

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
if u cant afford dont buy simple ..everyone know they own budget ...
....?

do you even english?

it had msi tomhawk listed at like 148$ when i checked your link and the other 2 were like 192 and 202$. similar board, so for those prices the tomahawk is the best buy aka "a no brainer"

no brainer means ots an easy decision

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
....?

do you even english?

it had msi tomhawk listed at like 148$ when i checked your link and the other 2 were like 192 and 202$. similar board, so for those prices the tomahawk is the best buy aka "a no brainer"

no brainer means ots an easy decision
i don't have time to write what is not included in the topic i just asked for advice ..

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
i didnt want be rude but those boards here where i live - (EU) they are in range of same price so that's why i posted those

understood no worries. i thought those links you posted were the actual prices available to you.

anyway, out of those 3 boards get whatever is the cheapest for you because they are all good quality. i got the b550 tomahawk because it was a good price and it has best audio options for me personally with the optical plug

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
so anyonbe can asist me with mobo . i wont use more then 1 x m.2 so which board