Question Need opinion and help, some things i dont understand

Nov 20, 2022
I bought an RX 5700 XT for $120 on sale, I was looking around and I know it's a few years old but I thought it was a good buy. What do you think? (i know there are new models but i dont have much money to waste in a gpu)

I wanted to ask how do you see this gpu for 2022 and future games in 2023? (I usually play in medium settings 1080p in all games and 60fps capped, what I mean is that I do not seek to use ultra settings). I have a RX 580 and I don't know if I will notice much change, i know it will be better, but I don't know how much better..

As I do not understand much I searched for information and read a lot about doing something called undervolt. is it necessary to do undervolt to this gpu?

thank you in advance for all the help you can give me.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I bought an RX 5700 XT for $120 on sale, I was looking around and I know it's a few years old but I thought it was a good buy. What do you think? (i know there are new models but i dont have much money to waste in a gpu)

I wanted to ask how do you see this gpu for 2022 and future games in 2023? (I usually play in medium settings 1080p in all games and 60fps capped, what I mean is that I do not seek to use ultra settings). I have a RX 580 and I don't know if I will notice much change, i know it will be better, but I don't know how much better..

As I do not understand much I searched for information and read a lot about doing something called undervolt. is it necessary to do undervolt to this gpu?

thank you in advance for all the help you can give me.
Nobody can answer that but you. It's really simple when you no longer get the performance you would like to have then look at what you have.

Simple video card test run the game that's not giving you the performance you wish for, turn all settings to low/off and run the game again. If your not getting the FPS you desire your CPU is the problem if you are then the card is the problem.

For undervolting unless your having heat problems then no nothing needs to be done.

EDIT the 5700XT is a good bit better card.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLtsZnGbec

Last edited: