Question Need to know if I'll have enough power for pc?

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
I recently bought a EVGA RTX 2060 SC Ultra Gaming Graphics Card for my computer since I'm upgrading little by little.
http://prntscr.com/o30vjr
- Link to all my parts
Will I have enough for my new gpu?
Yes, I know I have to upgrade my cpu and motherboard.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
The recommendation for that RTX 2060 is 500W and greater as it comes with an 8-pin PCIE connector so it has quite an overclock.

That CX 450W (can't see on shot if a grey label) is an OKish PSU but not a great quality one. I would get a better quality one or at least same quality but 550W.

On a relatively offtopic note, that 2-core Kaby Lake Pentium won't be a very good match for a 2060 I'd say. With that board I'd go with at least an i5 7600.

Will you be doing much gaming with this PC? I assume you do with that graphics card. With a MicroATX mini case you'd need good cooling and air flow/ventilation.

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
The recommendation for that RTX 2060 is 500W and greater as it comes with an 8-pin PCIE connector so it has quite an overclock.

That CX 450W (can't see on shot if a grey label) is an OKish PSU but not a great quality one. I would get a better quality one or at least same quality but 550W.

On a relatively offtopic note, that 2-core Kaby Lake Pentium won't be a very good match for a 2060 I'd say. With that board I'd go with at least an i5 7600.

Will you be doing much gaming with this PC? I assume you do with that graphics card. With a MicroATX mini case you'd need good cooling and air flow/ventilation.

This was my first build so I didn't know much but now I plan on upgrading to a i5 8600k and buying a new motherboard and the Crystal 570x Case. The psu is the Corsair CX450 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes for upgrading to that CPU you'd need a new motherboard too because that B250 would only work with 6/7th generation of Intel CPUs whereas i5 8600k is an 8th gen. CPU and would at least need a B360 motherboard.

Again, that PSU (if the black/grey label) is OK, not the best, however as I said before I'd suggest you get a 500-550W good quality PSU.

The EVGA page for the card here recommends at least a 500W PSU as well.