Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Every time I install GPU drivers on my 2060 for my new build, the screen goes black right after it installs and says "no signal" the only way to fix it is to boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers. I have a Ryzen 5 2600x so I can't use integrated graphics to try and fix it either.
I reset CMOS, reinstalled windows, and used DDU to try and fix it but nothing worked. How can I fix it?

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
What is the make/model of your power supply (PSU)? Also, do you have the AMD chipset drivers (for the motherboard) installed? What GPU were you using before installing the 2060?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470
Do you have the latest bios?
So actually, it turns out it was due to displayport, I'm not using an HDMI although its only 60hz. How can I make it so displayport actually works? Every time i switch to displayport it says "No Signal" and goes back to HDMI.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
So actually, it turns out it was due to displayport, I'm not using an HDMI although its only 60hz. How can I make it so displayport actually works? Every time i switch to displayport it says "No Signal" and goes back to HDMI.
This doesnt make any sense..RTX is very recent release.Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers and bios.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
This doesnt make any sense..RTX is very recent release.Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers and bios.
Yeah I updated both of them already. My displayport stopped working when I installed the drivers but not HDMI, which makes no sense and I have no clue how to fix it as of yet.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Try an alternate DisplayPort cable or even port on the RTX 2060, if available. On your monitor, can you switch manually to the DisplayPort?
I don't have another displayport cable, I changed ports and still the same thing, and yes when I manually switch to DisplayPort after a couple seconds it says "No Signal" and goes back to HDMI.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
That didn't work since it doesn't show 2 monitors for me, only 1 and that's my only one.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
I installed GPU drivers on my newly built PC, I have a 650 W EVGA Supernova G3 and a MSI Gaming RTX 2060. The moment I install GPU drivers my displayport says "no signal" in all 3 ports on my GPU. I have to go into safe mode and uninstall it to be able to see anything using displayport. My HDMI works after the drivers are installed but not my displayport.

I've cleared CMOS, reinstalled using DDU, and reinstalled windows, and I have a displayport 1.4 cable coming in to see if that's the issue. Any other suggestions? I'm stumped.