bnv016

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
I very recently purchased a used Zotac GTX 1070 Mini off of Ebay from a seller with a good rating, high positive feedback etc., and it's performing well, though this is my problem:

The computer boots into Windows fine. Drivers are up to date (just updated to 451.67) and visuals/video output is good. When i start the computer, one fan starts spinning. The other starts to spin OR twitches a little bit, but never fully starts spinning. I don't think this is an issue of the graphics card being built to limit fan usage to one fan while not under load...

When gaming at full load (Usually at about 1080p, I like to fiddle with resolutions), the working fan is fine, but the other continues to try spinning/twitching every 5 or 10 seconds, to no avail. Temps are fine, hovering in the mid 60s, low 70s under full load - I don't often play recent AAA titles. Big downside is when I am gaming, the one fan that is working has to work doubly hard because the other is doing nothing, so the one fan is quite loud.

I took the fan out and dusted it off a bit with compressed air, but that didn't help at all. Any suggestions? At this point, I'm considering returning the card because I spent $220 on a card listed as "Fast Ship, Cleaned, Tested!" that doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

Solution
I bought these fans off eBay, they arrived in 3 days, and it was an easy install. Both fans are functioning properly and the noise levels are quiet! I can now directly control the fan speeds via MSI Afterburner and the fans don't rev up under load. Temps are better too! Thank you for the help.

kiriakos-gr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
www.ittsb.eu
Used items are not covered by any sort of warranty.
If you post a picture of the back plate of the DC fan, we would try to help you finding on eBay the compatible spare part for you.
Actually it best of you getting two new fans and start a new life with this card at your hands.

bnv016

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
I bought these fans off eBay, they arrived in 3 days, and it was an easy install. Both fans are functioning properly and the noise levels are quiet! I can now directly control the fan speeds via MSI Afterburner and the fans don't rev up under load. Temps are better too! Thank you for the help.

Solution