radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Hello there. I have a little/big problem.

My PC was working competely good for about 2 years. But now suddenly when I start some game it just freezes the PC after some time. Sometimes after 20-30 minutes, sometimes after 5 hours. Its not freezing in the Windows and Opera etc. So I checked my temperatures and voltages and they look fine. Updated drivers, BIOS, uninstalled Nvidia HD audio.... Almost everything. Im cleaning my PC from dust every month so it is not problem too. It started on Windows 7 so I reinstalled it to Win 10 but didnt helped.

PLEASE HELP ME.

My components are:

GTX 1050 Ti
i5-6400
ASUS B150M PRO GAMING
HYPERX KINGSTON 8GB
Cooler Master i600 - 600W Power Supply with 80 PLUS
HDD is classic WD

MY VOLTAGES AND TEMP <- click

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
I'd suspect either the graphics card or the power supply. Try checking the voltage WHILE you are putting the computer on some load.

That's one hybrid way (and I'd advise against putting it under much load until you find what's the problem but sounds like we'll have to, upon your discretion to do so or not since we'll put load on both the CPU and GPU to see what fails, and DO backup if you can.)

Download Speedfan and install. Now open the program and go to Configure>Logging>check Enabled, also increase Max Decimals to 5. Then go to the Temperature tab and Voltage tab. Click on each entry and check Logged on the bottom. That should create a log in the program directory. Run it for a few minutes them close the program.
Now download and extract Cinebench R20 ( choose Download directly from Maxon) but don't run it yet. Close Speedfan then open it again. Now run Cinebench, you'll see some options (as far as I remember CPU/GPU tests). Run the CPU one first and see if it lags. If not close Speedfan and let the computer cool down a bit. Then reopen it and run the GPU test from Cinebench. If it lags or crashes, don't worry, Speedfan logs real-time so restart if you can't control the PC and now navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\SpeedFan and open SFLog<date>, SFLog<date>-0001 etc (Speedfan creates a separate log each time you restart it) and see if there's weird spikes (especially at voltage) at logs.

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Hello there. I have a little/big problem.

My PC was working completely good for about 2 years. But now suddenly when I start some game it just freezes the PC after some time. Sometimes after 20-30 minutes, sometimes after 5 hours AND WHEN IT FREEZES IT MAKES STRANGE BUZZING NOISE. Its not freezing in the Windows and Opera etc. So I checked my temperatures and voltages and they look fine. Updated drivers, BIOS, uninstalled Nvidia HD audio.... Almost everything. Im cleaning my PC from dust every month so it is not problem too. It started on Windows 7 so I reinstalled it to Win 10 but didnt helped.

PLEASE HELP ME.

My components are:

GTX 1050 Ti
i5-6400
ASUS B150M PRO GAMING
HYPERX KINGSTON 8GB
HDD is classic WD

FILE FROM SPEEDFAN HERE
SpeedFan log

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

MAKES STRANGE BUZZING NOISE
Where does this strange buzzing noise come from exactly?

What temperatures / voltages exactly are you reading?
Can you confirm if the issue still occurs in safe mode (if you are able to replicate what causes it to crash in safe mode that is).

Can't comment on the Quality of a CM i600 series, but I know Cooler Master don't make many good PSUs.

Are you running any overclock at all?
Does the freezing only occur at certain points or in certain applications?

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Temperatures nad voltages are in the SpeedFan file you can downlaod it. They are fine. That noise is like audio noise (when you listen to music in headphones you can hear sound, that buzz is exactly same if you know what I mean). I just started to overclock my GPU but it happened even before the overclocking. I though the overclock could help but it didnt.. It is freezing only when gaming (doesnt matter the game). It never freezes in windows. Its really strange because sometimes it takes 20 minutes to freeze but sometimes it takes about 2-5 hours.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Temperatures nad voltages are in the SpeedFan file you can downlaod it. They are fine. That noise is like audio noise (when you listen to music in headphones you can hear sound, that buzz is exactly same if you know what I mean). I just started to overclock my GPU but it happened even before the overclocking. I though the overclock could help but it didnt.. It is freezing only when gaming (doesnt matter the game). It never freezes in windows. Its really strange because sometimes it takes 20 minutes to freeze but sometimes it takes about 2-5 hours.
Freezing can be multiple things, so it's a case of narrowing down culprits.
I can't read that file well. So can't tell temperatures from the file.
Does the freezing still occur if your run a GPU or a CPU stress test?
May be worth verifying if your HDD health is still good using HD Sentinel

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
I did both. GPU and CPU stress tests. And it didnt crashed... I will do the HDD test and let you know friend. SpeedFan files - last digits are before the PC freeze so simply just take a look at the end.

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
Please help me I really dont know what to do :(

I have PC which is 3 years old and at the start I had problems with freezing/BSOD. However I solved that pretty quickly with updating the BIOS and the PC worked completely good until past week...
Suddenly the PC started to freeze while ONLY GAMING. It doesnt crash or freeze in Windows. Sometimes in my Earpods I can hear buzzing while it freezes.
Its really strange because the PC freezes randomly - from 5 minutes of gaming to 5 hours maybe.

Things I have tried repair this
  • memtest
  • CPU and GPU stress tests (both without any freeze or crash)
  • tried to overclock GPU and didnt helped
  • I adjusted memory
  • checked if HDD is OK (and it is)
  • uninstalled Nvidia HD audio
  • blocked monitor sound
  • scannow repair with CMD
  • reinstalled from WIN 7 to WIN 10
  • updated ALL drivers (BIOS included)
  • set the Nvidia control panel to the best settings
  • ALL TEMPERATURES AND VOLTAGES ARE OK (checked with SpeedFan which saves the file before the freeze)
  • cleaning PC from dust every month
  • edited power plan and power saving
AOC G2460
Asus Expedition GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition Graphics Card
Intel Core i5-6400
ASUS B150M PRO GAMING
HYPERX KINGSTON 8GB
HDD is classic WD

Last edited: