[SOLVED] Pc keeps restarting before bios and not sure if the psu is dead

Oct 8, 2021
I faced this problem with my current pc a couple or more times before and on all occasions i just disconnected everything peripheral and pulled out rams for a simple cleaning and put them back(or with just one of the rams) and after that the pc would start after one restart quoting bios corrupted and it restored from the backup bios and all had been ok.. But this time it keeps restarting even after trying that several times.

Both case fan and cpu fan start when I press start and stop when pc goes to restart but the psu fan doesn't spin.. i ain't sure if it's supposed to spin from the very start. Does it mean psu is dead?? I don't have any psu tester or spare systems to test the psu.

so is there anything else I should try that can solve the problem?? And is there any signs or starting sound by which I can tell if the psu is dead or the voltage isn't right?

i already said it happened more than once. But recently I had been facing a slight problem with the external plug n play slots I mean usb, ethernet lan, audio jack etc. The ethernet lan specially because sometimes it just got disconnected. And one time when I plugged out and in the cable after it got disconnected the pc showed a blue screen error and restarted. It restarted fine and it happened one or two times only so I thought maybe it's because of the router or something else and I don't think it has got to do anything with the boot error. I am just telling you this because I think I should tell you the exact condition of the pc so you can provide proper suggestions. And I also would like to know what causes that and if i should do anything to avoid that in future.

please reply, any suggestions would be appreciated

Solution
It's fixed now. Resetting the hdd seemed to have solved the problem. Can you tell me what causes the external slot malfunctioning which i included in the post. Spec: i5 6600 gigabyte mobo 2*4gb ram
Oct 8, 2021
It's fixed now. Resetting the hdd seemed to have solved the problem. Can you tell me what causes the external slot malfunctioning which i included in the post. Spec: i5 6600 gigabyte mobo 2*4gb ram

Last edited:
Solution