Mar 8, 2024
CPU: CORE I5 10400F
GPU: RX 580 8GB
MOBO: Gigabyte H410MH V3
RAM: 16GB ddr4 (2x8gb)2777mhz
PSU: Zalman ZM700-LX, 700 W, ATX 2.31
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2
HDD: 2TB 7600RPM

I had this problem for a few months: when my PC is under load it just simply restarts; no BSOD, just power off and then restart
This happens mostly when I am video editing and rarely
When I search the event log I usually find 41 error code
Fixes that I tried:
  • I lowered the GPU's power by 8-10%, it worked for a while but the restarts came again. Now it restarts even if I undervolt my GPU to 25%. This is happening usually when I am video editing and it gets frustrating.
  • I changed the cord where the PC was plugged into (I thought that it wasn't getting enough power from the old one)
  • I used other GPUs. it happened the same with an RTX 2060 6gb, but worked fine with a GT 1030

I suspected that the whole problem was from my PSU, which has more than enough Watts for my system, but I can't test another one to confirm my idea
    Recently I thought that it could also be my MB
    I installed the PSU into my system last summer, and the MB was installed like 2 years ago

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Zalman ZM700-LX, 700 W, ATX 2.31
How old is the PSU in the build?
I installed the PSU into my system last summer,
Close to a year then?

I used other GPUs. it happened the same with an RTX 2060 6gb, but worked fine with a GT 1030
You should look into sourcing(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 750W PSU and power your system. Of the issue doesn't persist, your issue was the PSU all along.

Mar 8, 2024
How old is the PSU in the build?
yea, almost a year
You should look into sourcing(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 750W PSU and power your system. Of the issue doesn't persist, your issue was the PSU all along.
the thing is that I don't have any way to access another PSU, but if I would have to buy a new one should that be 750W as well?
Isn't there any other way I can confirm that the problem was the PSU all along without using another one?