Sep 5, 2021
So, I have tried doing a lot of research into this, and try what fixes other people's stuttering, but it keeps happening with mine, plus it seems like a different case.

Problem:
Whenever I start my computer, a strong stuttering which makes not only my display but sound stutter occurs. It randomly happens, after some minutes or even seconds, but sometimes taking 30-40~ minutes of turning the computer on., no matter if I am playing or watching youtube or just completely idle. It lasts for about 40-60 seconds, but I have noticed that while playing games it stutters for up to 5-10 minutes, only making me have to leave the game and waiting until it's gone. It happens about twice or even thrice an hour, and it has happened for a couple months now.

___

I have tried fixing it in so many ways, disabling XMP, not touching memory speeds and leaving them at default, increasing voltage, new drivers, deleting everything, factory-resetting my windows, following tutorials of other stuttering posts, replacing thermal paste of both my CPU and GPU, cleaning and even after changing my case/adding more airflow.

I have also checked my task manager while it happens, everything seems completely stable, except my ethernet which would seem weird to affect it. Even with just a couple apps and a single game after resetting my windows it happens.

My PC should handle things just fine, since I use very low requirement apps and games, but I really need some help, please give me as many ideas as you have and I will try them all until it stops, it's making me go crazy.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (With stock cooler, yet temps don't go over 70c)

GPU: RX580 8GB
RAM: 2x8 2144Mhz

x3 120mm fans and x2 140mm fans.

I don't think it should have to do with anything of hardware, it was a pretty budget PC but it happens even with youtube. I do have 2 monitors though, 1 is 24 inch 75hz displayport and the other a 21 inch 60hz HDMI, might have to do something with that? Also, my motherboard is not the best, should work though.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, I'll be in touch for any questions. Thank you so much.

Solution
Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CF
CPU: Ryzen 1600 + Stock Cooler (Wraith Spire)
GPU: RX580 8GB Sapphire Nitro+ GDDR5
RAM: 2x8 2144Mhz Corsair Vengeance
PSU: EVGA 550W +BRONZE
Storage: 256GB Gigabyte SSD
Case: Corsair 4000X RGB
Fans: x3 Corsair SP120 RGB exhaust (In the back and top) and in the front x2 Corsair SP140 RGB Intake
Latest update Windows 10 64bit non-activated
All drivers installed.
Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this...
So, I have tried doing a lot of research into this, and try what fixes other people's stuttering, but it keeps happening with mine, plus it seems like a different case.

Problem:
Whenever I start my computer, a strong stuttering which makes not only my display but sound stutter occurs. It randomly happens, after some minutes or even seconds, but sometimes taking 30-40~ minutes of turning the computer on., no matter if I am playing or watching youtube or just completely idle. It lasts for about 40-60 seconds, but I have noticed that while playing games it stutters for up to 5-10 minutes, only making me have to leave the game and waiting until it's gone. It happens about twice or even thrice an hour, and it has happened for a couple months now.

___

I have tried fixing it in so many ways, disabling XMP, not touching memory speeds and leaving them at default, increasing voltage, new drivers, deleting everything, factory-resetting my windows, following tutorials of other stuttering posts, replacing thermal paste of both my CPU and GPU, cleaning and even after changing my case/adding more airflow.

I have also checked my task manager while it happens, everything seems completely stable, except my ethernet which would seem weird to affect it. Even with just a couple apps and a single game after resetting my windows it happens.

My PC should handle things just fine, since I use very low requirement apps and games, but I really need some help, please give me as many ideas as you have and I will try them all until it stops, it's making me go crazy.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (With stock cooler, yet temps don't go over 70c)

GPU: RX580 8GB
RAM: 2x8 2144Mhz

x3 120mm fans and x2 140mm fans.

I don't think it should have to do with anything of hardware, it was a pretty budget PC but it happens even with youtube. I do have 2 monitors though, 1 is 24 inch 75hz displayport and the other a 21 inch 60hz HDMI, might have to do something with that? Also, my motherboard is not the best, should work though.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, I'll be in touch for any questions. Thank you so much.
what are the total specs?

Reactions: LazyLimbs
Sep 5, 2021
what are the total specs?

Fans: x3 Corsair SP120 RGB exhaust (In the back and top) and in the front x2 Corsair SP140 RGB Intake
All drivers installed.

All drivers installed.
Try these:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.
    *do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Sep 5, 2021
Try these:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.
    *do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, THANK YOU SO MUCH IT ACTUALLY FIXED IT AFTER MONTHS. YOU'RE SERIOUSLY AMAZING AND I THANK YOU SOSOSOSO MUCH PLEASE HAVE A GREAT YEAR, SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE I WAS WAITING TO GET A FLASH DRIVE TO DO IT BUT THANK YOU PLEASE YOU'RE SO AMAZING YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I truly thank you for helping me with this, I learned lots too from doing it, so I really appreciate that you took your time to make a response. Have a great day, you're an amazing person which I don't even know, but thank you, you're a lifesaver and my hero.

Reactions: Koekieezz