May 8, 2021
Hello,

Pc specs
Mobo: Gigabyte AB350M-GAMING 3
Old Cpu: Ryzen 3 1200
New Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
RAM: 3x4gb DDR4

So i check gigabyte and updated bios to F20 then changed over the cpu and pc wont post but Led and fans come on.

I replaced the old cpu but still the same problem. Ive took out all connections and check that they are connected. Tried with 1 ram but none of them fixed it. Ive removed the cmos battery and left it over night and it still wont boot.

Please help

Solution
Hello,

Pc specs

So i check gigabyte and updated bios to F20 then changed over the cpu and pc wont post but Led and fans come on.

I replaced the old cpu but still the same problem. Ive took out all connections and check that they are connected. Tried with 1 ram but none of them fixed it. Ive removed the cmos battery and left it over night and it still wont boot.

Please help
In addition to removing the battery did you also short the CMOS reset pins?

And...that board has Gigabyte's 'ultra-durable' software-switched dual BIOS. So if the BIOS update got corrupted you should be able to force a fail-over to the backup BIOS...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hello,

Pc specs

Please help
Does it let you boot into bios or does it do nothing at all? What are your PSU and storage device(s) manufacturer and models?

Hello,

Pc specs

Please help
In addition to removing the battery did you also short the CMOS reset pins?

And...that board has Gigabyte's 'ultra-durable' software-switched dual BIOS. So if the BIOS update got corrupted you should be able to force a fail-over to the backup BIOS. But problem is nobody seems to know for sure exactly how to do it.

I think one way is to experience a failed POST for several times in a row whereupon it should switch over. You'll have to do it with the 1200 in there as the backup BIOS is doubtless going to work with that CPU only. If you get it to start with the backup then try the update again. Do it very carefully and patiently let it finish.

Last edited:
Solution

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Strange, my Gigabyte motherboard won't post either.

I slept the PC and after some time, it woke by itself. No display output. Pushed and held power button, no response. Had to turn it off by the switch on the wall.
Now it won't post.