Prominent
May 2, 2020
Parts:
Mobo - MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Gpu - RX 580 8gb
Cpu - ryzen 7 2700x
Ram - 8gb DDR4 3200mhz
Psu - evga 500B 80 plus bronze

So my problem is when i try to press the power button to turn on my system, the mobo lights and gpu light flickers and then stays off as if i turned it off. It will stay like this for about 5 minutes until i can hit the power button again to repeat that process again. Im pretty certain there might be an issue with the power running to the cpu because when i unplug the 8 pin cpu connector to the motherboard, everything spins up.

The day before this started happening i remember messing with the msconfig options (shows my ignorance) in an intent to optimize performance but that's obviously not the case.

Im not too sure what to do at this point and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

D

Deleted member 14196

I’m not sure that’s a quality power supply and that could be the issue but it can’t keep up with the power demands

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020
Well i have two different power supplies, my other one is a 700BR evga psu. Im just using this one to see if the psu was the culprit and its still doing the same thing. Even with just the bare minimum requirements to boot (gpu, cpu, mobo, psu, ram)

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020
I have tried. I had other components left sitting around and i managed to build a whole other system and its running just fine. My maximum memory was set to 0 in the msconfig boot section so that might be my issue. But im not sure why this pc managed to boot. At this point i dont really know whats going on