Question Poor performance and frame drops in Rocket League on laptop ?

Sep 5, 2024
Hi everyone, this is a cry for help.

Laptop model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM
Ryzen 9 5900HS
RTX 3060

Rocket League is my main game and the past few months I've been having very low performance with my laptop.

I've played around with many settings in-game and tried so many different CPU/GPU drivers and Nvidia & Armory Crate settings, cleaning my drives for storage, reinstalling the game, power settings, etc... I have checked and it is in deed my Nvidia GPU being used, not the AMD integrated GPU, so that's good too.

If I put my in-game settings to Quality it will stay around 60 FPS with many frame drops, if I'm on Performance it'll be around 90 FPS with drops too. I could honestly play as low as 120 FPS, that would be fine, but I really suffer from CONSTENT frame drops and it makes the game basically unplayable. I have to say I havent really tested my computer with any other game lately sincee I'm not really interested in anything else rn, so I couldn't say if it's running RL the issue or if my graphics card is having issues overall. I do use Premiere Pro and PAO softwares for work and I don't have issues with those.

Can you maybe give me some pointers and help me? I can provide you with some recorded in-game benchmarks in private so you can help me diagnose this, I've been super desperate and can't afford a new PC rn. Thank you so much!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can first try and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Following that, check to see if your OS is pending any update. Following that, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.