Question R6 siege and all other games drops to 10-15 fps every 10 seconds sometimes about 5 seconds

Sep 17, 2024
I have a laptop with a gtx 1060 gpu and a i7 8th gen intel cpu i have been noticing "device window manager" taking up cpu usage while i play games but to be honest every game i play pretty much unless it takes like nothing to run it has this problem... i have recently clean installed my gpu driver using ddu and following a tutorial and i have installed the latest cpu driver for my cpu yet this is still a problem please help me fix this... :/

Sep 17, 2024
Well I have just noticed the cpu and gpu hitting 90 after 10 minutes in game, but the freezes were happening before then ... is there anyway to cool down my computer without repasting or do i have to repaste to keep temps down?

Sep 17, 2024
Actually i dont know.. i dont think it is since my mcaffee wont uninstall when i fully reset windows with erase everything option... how do i make sure to install windows with no nothing on it.? Cause im starting to think its malware... though i dont remember downloading anything remotely suspicious ... i cant check cause my mcaffee wont open and i cant redownload it cause i need to uninstall the old app and it wont want to. So how do i install an real fully clean windows ?

Sep 17, 2024
Ill do that and tell you if it works. Do you think me dropping to 15 fps for about 7 seconds every 15 or so seconds would be malware ? I also noticed that gpu goes up to 85 usage during the 7 seconds of fps loss ... could that be malware ?

What might have changed since all was well?
Possibly an app or malware was installed.
Perhaps a bad windows or driver update.

Look in your installed program list and see if there is anything installed recently, particularly something you do not recognize.
Uninstall it.

Do you have any apps that might be running at higher priority than your games?
Discord, streaming or...?

Use system restore to reset your pc back to a time when all was ok.
My canned response to laptop performance issues:
---------------------------
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures. Set to see each individual core.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. in red, it means you have throttled.
I think the number for ryzen is more like 85c-90c.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.
Use a windows balanced power profile, not the performance profile.
Set a minimum cpu performance to something like 20%

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows balanced power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

Sep 17, 2024
My computer is pretty well cooled it stays around 70 for both gpu and cpu during "heavy" gaming. I think power is the issue because while im playing some games my laptop loses some percentage even though im plugged in... how would i be able to fix that problem? P.S: i will try the balanced profile when the computer finises installingthe clean window install.