[SOLVED] Should I build my gaming pc with Aliexpress parts?

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hello. So I am planning on building a gaming pc for my self and I am considering buying a few of my parts from Aliexpress.
The parts that I have found so far are:

RAM:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_55

MOBO: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33007228606.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.736c2e0eER82KB

GPU:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_55

CPU: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_55

The rest I will buy them from a local store. I live in Albania and the prices over here are very high. Even if I were to buy them from Europe I would still spend more. Out of the parts that I mentioned I am thinking of only buying the GPU and ram from aliexpress. Let me know your thoughts.

Solution
If the shipping isn't outrageous then I guess it would be fine. I don't order through Aliexpress, ever, but obviously there are plenty of people who do since they are one of the biggest online retailers in the world. So long as WHAT you buy from them, is a know quality part, and if you think you can get some kind of support from them if something is wrong with your parts, then I don't see why not. Personally, I doubt very much you'd ever hear back from anybody if half your crap showed up crushed, and the manufacturer certainly won't warranty anything damaged from something other than a manufacturer defect, so shipping damage is going to be on you.

It's a risk. Whether it's a risk you are willing to take is up to you.
If the shipping isn't outrageous then I guess it would be fine. I don't order through Aliexpress, ever, but obviously there are plenty of people who do since they are one of the biggest online retailers in the world. So long as WHAT you buy from them, is a know quality part, and if you think you can get some kind of support from them if something is wrong with your parts, then I don't see why not. Personally, I doubt very much you'd ever hear back from anybody if half your crap showed up crushed, and the manufacturer certainly won't warranty anything damaged from something other than a manufacturer defect, so shipping damage is going to be on you.

Solution

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017

Thank you very much. I guess you are right. I am not willing to take this risk with these parts. At least not the motherboard and graphics card. But I might buy the RAM tho.

RAM is probably ok. Memory is very durable, and I've never actually seen RAM get damaged in shipping although I'm sure it HAS happened a time or three. Plus, memory generally has a lifetime warranty worldwide so anything not clearly "abuse" would be covered.

Motherboards and graphics cards on the other hand, or anything with glass panels, or even potentially storage devices, would be best purchased through channels that involve the least amount of 3rd party shipping as possible.

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
RAM is probably ok. Memory is very durable, and I've never actually seen RAM get damaged in shipping although I'm sure it HAS happened a time or three. Plus, memory generally has a lifetime warranty worldwide so anything not clearly "abuse" would be covered.

Motherboards and graphics cards on the other hand, or anything with glass panels, or even potentially storage devices, would be best purchased through channels that involve the least amount of 3rd party shipping as possible.
Yeah it makes sense. Thank you very much for your assistance.