Feb 18, 2019
hi, i want to connect a ssd to my computer but i can only use a slimsata cable to plug it in, with an adapter. would that be still faster than an HDD? as I think i was told that that slimsata only will transfer speeds of sata 1. but im not so sure.
thanks

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
It will beat HDD speeds always. I don't think you need a "DVD Caddy" i don't even know what you mean by that. Most SSDs come with a slot adapter depending on the slot size. As for the plug that should work, again it depends if for sure that the connector. I can't find any good pics of that system taken apart to be sure here.

Reactions: Mo.R
Feb 18, 2019
It will beat HDD speeds always. I don't think you need a "DVD Caddy" i don't even know what you mean by that. Most SSDs come with a slot adapter depending on the slot size. As for the plug that should work, again it depends if for sure that the connector. I can't find any good pics of that system taken apart to be sure here.
i will shortly upload them

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019
there are no drives im replacing, i want to take out the dvd player so i can fit a SSD in as there is no more space for one
and there are no more sata ports.
also, the HDD that was already in my PC is connected to the 4 pin connector, there are no more. and i cannot find any splitters online, as i have been looking for hours or them

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
there are no drives im replacing, i want to take out the dvd player so i can fit a SSD in as there is no more space for one
and there are no more sata ports.
also, the HDD that was already in my PC is connected to the 4 pin connector, there are no more. and i cannot find any splitters online, as i have been looking for hours or them

You are replacing a drive, a DVD drive, I need to see how that is mounted and connected.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its really hard to tell whats going on in those images, maybe if you zoom out a bit and show me more of the area, also I want to see the back and sides of the DVD drive itself.

The plug adapter you linked should work, I don't see any reason why not. I am not convinced you need a caddy of any sort, if you do the one you linked definitely is not the right one.

Feb 18, 2019
Its really hard to tell whats going on in those images, maybe if you zoom out a bit and show me more of the area, also I want to see the back and sides of the DVD drive itself.

The plug adapter you linked should work, I don't see any reason why not. I am not convinced you need a caddy of any sort, if you do the one you linked definitely is not the right one.
sorry, i didnt understand what you meant by, " if you do the one you linked definitely is not the right one. "
so the adapter i will get will work right?