[SOLVED] Stuttering Windows Spinning Dots + Won't Boot on Hardware Upgrade

towen365

Commendable
Jun 15, 2018
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my pc, but I'm getting a really strange issue.
I'm upgrading my cpu, ram and mobo (parts list below). The ram and mobo upgrade went fine, but when I upgraded my cpu, the windows spinning dots start stuttering forever, and I can't boot.
View: https://youtu.be/KOckcu8gBu8
(video of the issue)
I thought it was just a bad cpu, so I returned it but my new one is doing it as well, this happens with both my new and old motherboard, and new and old ram, and never happens with my old cpu, so I have no idea if something is incompatible with 3rd gen ryzen? Or what else the problem could be
Parts: Ryzen 5 2400g trying to upgrade to 3600
Mobo: Asrock A320M-HDV upgraded to Asrock B450M-HDV (latest bios on both)
Ram 1x16gb 2400mhz upgraded to 2x8gb 3600mhz
1060 6gb, 450W PSU
Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my pc, but I'm getting a really strange issue.
I'm upgrading my cpu, ram and mobo (parts list below). The ram and mobo upgrade went fine, but when I upgraded my cpu, the windows spinning dots start stuttering forever, and I can't boot.
View: https://youtu.be/KOckcu8gBu8
(video of the issue)
I thought it was just a bad cpu, so I returned it but my new one is doing it as well, this happens with both my new and old motherboard, and new and old ram, and never happens with my old cpu, so I have no idea if something is incompatible with 3rd gen ryzen? Or what else the problem could be
Parts: Ryzen 5 2400g trying to upgrade to 3600
Mobo: Asrock A320M-HDV upgraded to Asrock B450M-HDV (latest bios on both)
Ram 1x16gb 2400mhz upgraded to 2x8gb 3600mhz
1060 6gb, 450W PSU
Thanks
Windows ?

Aug 10, 2020
Not sure of Windows version. It will stall if wininit files are missing. When Windows is installed it adds the necessary drivers to vmm.vxd then it restarts. I've seen similar when Windows XP is moved from a motherboard bios set for ide emulation moved to a motherboard whose bios is set for sata native mode. Re upgrading Microsoft Windows requires calling in if more than 2 items of Ram, Motherboard, CPU, Hard Drive is changed. Have you tried booting from your Windows disk and running "repair" option?

TRENDING THREADS