Oct 24, 2021
Hi...

So my PC started randomly restarting 3 Months ago... it came out of no where and the System worked perfectly fine before.
The Eventlog showed a fatal Error: Kernel-Power, Event-ID: 41.
First things I did were changing settings in my system, updating all the drivers (BIOS, GPU, CPU, etc.), throttling down the hardware, watching the temperatures and waiting for another random restart.
2 days later, running without a problem, the next restart happened... After googling and asking some friends I first tested the RAM with memtest86 for 3 times and had 0 Errors, the RAM is compatible and even with lower frequency and higher timings the restarts happened.
Then I changed the PSU but it didnt help, the PC is still restarting like 4 times a week...
After that I installed Windows on a new M2.SSD that i bought, hoping that its maybe just Windows fault... :( ....still restarting.
I benchmarked the System like 5 to 10 times in a row without a problem, but then when I play, watch a video or just chill in discord the restarts appear.
So all thats left is the Motherboard or the power outlet.
I really dont think its the power outlet because my 2 monitors and a desk lamp always stay on...
If I had the money I would just buy a new Motherboard but I am not sure if it is the real problem here...

If anyone knows what could help me I would be very happy if you comment! :)))
Thanks for reading all this! :))

Specs:
  • CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT -COOLING NZXT Kraken X53 / 240mm
  • GPU XFX Merc 319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • RAM 32GB (2x (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16-16-16-36 Dual Kit)
  • MB Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (BIOS F14e)
  • old PSU CoolerMaster V750 Gold V2 / 750 Watt 80+ Gold / Full-Modular
  • new PSU be quiet! Straight Power 11 / 850 Watt 80+ Gold / Full-Modular
-M2 SSD WD_Black SN750 NVMe - Windows 10 installed
-Sata SSD Crucial MX500 1TB - Games and stuff

Hi...

So my PC started randomly restarting 3 Months ago... it came out of no where and the System worked perfectly fine before.
First things I did were changing settings in my system, updating all the drivers (BIOS, GPU, CPU, etc.), throttling down the hardware, watching the temperatures and waiting for another random restart.
2 days later, running without a problem, the next restart happened... After googling and asking some friends I first tested the RAM with memtest86 for 3 times and had 0 Errors, the RAM is compatible and even with lower frequency and higher timings the restarts happened.
Then I changed the PSU but it didnt help, the PC is still restarting like 4 times a week...
After that I installed Windows on a new M2.SSD that i bought, hoping that its maybe just Windows fault... :( ....still restarting.
I benchmarked the System like 5 to 10 times in a row without a problem, but then when I play, watch a video or just chill in discord the restarts appear.
I really dont think its the power outlet because my 2 monitors and a desk lamp always stay on...
If I had the money I would just buy a new Motherboard but I am not sure if it is the real problem here...

Specs:
  • RAM 32GB (2x (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16-16-16-36 Dual Kit)
With the pc powered off Unplug the psu then remove the lithium battery from the mobo. Once these steps are complete hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s once done reseat battery then psu cable. Boot to BIOs and reset the ram to docp make sure the cpu is clocked where you want it... make sure your boot drive is still the priority boot drive. If you have raid reset the raid options. Save settings and boot

Hi...

Specs:
Is your gpu daisy chained or are there two separate psu cables running to it????
Daisy chaining a gpu- using a single psu cable two power more then pcie port on the gpu

Oct 24, 2021
With the pc powered off Unplug the psu then remove the lithium battery from the mobo. Once these steps are complete hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s once done reseat battery then psu cable. Boot to BIOs and reset the ram to docp make sure the cpu is clocked where you want it... make sure your boot drive is still the priority boot drive. If you have raid reset the raid options. Save settings and boot

So you want me to clear the CMOS? Or does it do something else?

Oct 24, 2021
It does a full reset the the bios on everything including old cpu logs will not remove bios update

So all I did was setting the RAM to 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz....
After googleing a bit I found out that the RAM I have is not compatible with my mobo at a certain frequency...

BUT at least the reboots are gone!!! :)

Thanks for helping out!

Reactions: white.a.drew
Oct 24, 2021
I've also had this problem for 6 months. Yesterday my PC was serviced by a computer repairman but the repairman said there was no problem. I tried and saw that it didn't restart again. But when I brought it home, it restarted again. My PC rebooted randomly even though it was idle. if my PC is idle for about 30-90 minutes it just restarts. but if I open chrome and go to youtube the PC automatically reboots. the repairman says that my electricity is unstable but my PSU already has aPFC and people say that the aPFC PSU doesn't need a PSU again. Is it in my electricity the problem? I don't understand what the problem is. I have replaced my PSU. Already run memtest results no error. Already running Sfc/scannow, test ram one by one,

Specification
Ryzen 5 3600
GSkill Trident Z 2X8 3600
Gigabyte B550M Gaming
Adata NVMe m2 512GB
Gigabyte RTX 2060
OLD PSU : 1st player DK 6.0 600 Watt Bronze
NEW PSU : Seasonic Focus Gold 650 watt

All parts above are still under warranty. sorry my english is not good. please help
I would guess that you have the same issue that I had!
Try to set your RAM to 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz.
Maybe you can tell me the exact name of your RAM, so that we can look if your RAM is compatible with your Motherboard, because with the CPU you have, most of G.Skills RAM are not compatible with B550 boards at 3600MHz.

To set your RAM to 3200MHz, you just have to activate your XMP in the BIOS and then customize the frequency to 3200MHz.

Your PSU should be fine, but maybe you can test your PC on another power outlet that is not in the same power circuit.

Good luck! :D

Dec 2, 2021
I would guess that you have the same issue that I had!
Try to set your RAM to 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz.
Maybe you can tell me the exact name of your RAM, so that we can look if your RAM is compatible with your Motherboard, because with the CPU you have, most of G.Skills RAM are not compatible with B550 boards at 3600MHz.

To set your RAM to 3200MHz, you just have to activate your XMP in the BIOS and then customize the frequency to 3200MHz.

Your PSU should be fine, but maybe you can test your PC on another power outlet that is not in the same power circuit.

Good luck! :D

I Did Not over clock my ram or anything else

Dec 2, 2021
So you have 3600MHz Ram but you run it on 2133MHz? Because when you have 3600Ram you normally have to activate the XMP otherwise the RAM runs at 2133MHZ..
Yes i really don't know the problem with my PC , Did Not overclock anything or change anything