thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
Hello,

Since a year or 2 i've been getting unstable ping in games, to the point that it became unplayable. My connection is wired and have enough download speed to have stable connection.
So at this point i've tried countless software related things to solve the problem. I even changed my motherboard and changed the ethernet cable (Cat6). The only thing on my mind is that my modem or router is causing a problem, but it is a fairly new one.

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Do you see a problem if you leave a constant ping run to the router ip. It would be very uncommon for problems to be here, replacing the cable and motherboard was likely not needed.

Next leave a constant ping run to 8.8.8.8 and see if that give you issues.

If that shows errors then you go the next step of tracert and see what happens if you ping other ip addresses in the path.

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
Do you see a problem if you leave a constant ping run to the router ip. It would be very uncommon for problems to be here, replacing the cable and motherboard was likely not needed.

Next leave a constant ping run to 8.8.8.8 and see if that give you issues.

If that shows errors then you go the next step of tracert and see what happens if you ping other ip addresses in the path.

Hello,

Sorry, i'm not an expert. Could you explain how i run the trace routes?

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
Hello,

Sorry, i'm not an expert. Could you explain how i run the trace routes?
Maybe i did something.
I ran a tracert to www.lexis.com and from hop 7 to 12 i got the message "Request timed out" the first 7 were around 15ms and hop 13 and 14 were around 125ms. ( I live in the Netherlands and i tracert to www.lexis.com, i dont know if its an outside of Europe provider. Maybe thats why the last hops were higher).

kanewolf

Titan
Maybe i did something.
I ran a tracert to www.lexis.com and from hop 7 to 12 i got the message "Request timed out" the first 7 were around 15ms and hop 13 and 14 were around 125ms. ( I live in the Netherlands and i tracert to www.lexis.com, i dont know if its an outside of Europe provider. Maybe thats why the last hops were higher).
Request timed out on a traceroute is OK. That means that the router is configured to not respond. It does not mean packet loss.

TRENDING THREADS