[SOLVED] Upgrading CPU.. What am I getting out of an X570 Ace series that I don't get from X570 A-pro?

Skyclawps

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
Simple enough, I'm looking into getting the Ryzen 9 3900x as well as get my first internal PCIe SSD. I'm trying to make the most out of it.

Looking at my motherboard options, it's recommended to get a X570, now I have to choose which one.

One paired with the Ryzen on Amazon is ~284 usd in the bundle ( 290usd normally

So we have Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA in that bundle...

OR

I could save about 130 USD and get a MSI X570-A PRO

Looking at the details that are provided it seems like all I'm losing out on is potential heat guarding, built in WIFI (not needed),another PCIe slot ... and F A S H I O N.. pretty aesthetics I guess. I don't know enough about Audio to see that making a difference..
Through the few X570 motherboards I've looked at so far they all seem to have the same Memory & processor speeds 2666 MHz

So yeah! To the question, is this the typical "gaming branding?" or is there actually some future proofing that exists here? I have no need for wifi, thermal guard could be useful.. but as long as I have proper airflow I don't see myself running into issues with heat. Is this worth the extra 130 usd?

Solution
If you don't need the xtras or the gimmicks go with the MSI X570-A pro and use the savings to get other components.
Sometime having more features in a motherboard brings more issues.
MSI makes very reliable motherboards.
Jan 17, 2020
Simple enough, I'm looking into getting the Ryzen 9 3900x as well as get my first internal PCIe SSD. I'm trying to make the most out of it.

Looking at my motherboard options, it's recommended to get a X570, now I have to choose which one.

One paired with the Ryzen on Amazon is ~284 usd in the bundle ( 290usd normally

So we have Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA in that bundle...

OR

I could save about 130 USD and get a MSI X570-A PRO

Looking at the details that are provided it seems like all I'm losing out on is potential heat guarding, built in WIFI (not needed),another PCIe slot ... and F A S H I O N.. pretty aesthetics I guess. I don't know enough about Audio to see that making a difference..
Through the few X570 motherboards I've looked at so far they all seem to have the same Memory & processor speeds 2666 MHz

So yeah! To the question, is this the typical "gaming branding?" or is there actually some future proofing that exists here? I have no need for wifi, thermal guard could be useful.. but as long as I have proper airflow I don't see myself running into issues with heat. Is this worth the extra 130 usd?
The Msi X570 A-PRO is a terrible match for any 3900x CPU.The low end MSI X570 range have the worst VRMs of any X570 board.Only the MSI Unify and up are decent

Skyclawps

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
The Msi X570 A-PRO is a terrible match for any 3900x CPU.The low end MSI X570 range have the worst VRMs of any X570 board.Only the MSI Unify and up are decent

This is the kind of answer I'm definitely more interested in.. So the worst VRMs range. So in this case, I would be looking more at Future proofing if I get a higher end model rather than the A-pro in this instance? Maybe more efficient usage overall especially if I'm going to be looking into overclocking? I don't see how the A-pro becomes a terrible match for a 3900x just based on that. There are other issues that I need to consider?

Skyclawps

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
If you don't need the xtras or the gimmicks go with the MSI X570-A pro and use the savings to get other components.
Sometime having more features in a motherboard brings more issues.
MSI makes very reliable motherboards.

I'd have to agree here for sure, but of course this is mainly reinforcing my thoughts on it in general. Which is fine, I'm thinking there isn't much that makes the A pro a bad option for this, 120 dollars is essentially the price of the pcie 4 SSD I'm looking at.. Guess I'll just need to do more research. I'm really just trying to see the comparison's and understand what makes the price gap.

I have installed a couple of 3900x on two B450 motherboards (MSI & ASRock ), since the users have not plans of OCing or need PCIe 4.0.
Six months and not issues.
The VRMs temps were the same when a Ryzen 5 2600 was tested on both boards during stress test.
If one of those motherboard happens to fail, I could buy 3 for the price of x570.

Skyclawps

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
I have installed a couple of 3900x on two B450 motherboards (MSI & ASRock ), since the users have not plans of OCing or need PCIe 4.0.
Six months and not issues.
The VRMs temps were the same when a Ryzen 5 2600 was tested on both boards during stress test.
If one of those motherboard happens to fail, I could buy 3 for the price of x570.

This seems to be the consensus so far.. Basically seems like I shouldn't consider lower end if I plan to overclock.. so that's the deciding factor between low end/high end.. So I guess we're good to go unless I hear some more information in the next day