radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Hello !

So about month ago my computer have started freezing while ONLY gaming.
I tried everything, updating bios, drivers, virtual memory adjust, PC adjust, reinstall, new HDMI cable, checking the temps, MEMTEST, PRIME95 test, GPU stress test, etc...
But then I played with the fans a little bit (I set more RPM) and the freezing while gaming stopped.
It was all ok until 2 days ago when the PC started rebooting itself with the error "ASUS Anti-Surge detected an unstable power supply unit on the last power-up". So I was thinking like, yeah ASUS is little bit weird in this and turned it off today. I was gaming a little bit and then suddenly a weird static buzzing and noise in my headphones started. Monitor was white. But the audio was disconnected (it was now in my monitor speakers only) and I had to hard reset the PC. Then it happened again with the purple screen and only in Opera browser.
So my solution was simple - new PSU.
Today I have replaced old PSU with the new one and what do you think? The rebooting stopped but the freezing came again BUT ONLY WHILE GAMING...

So Im really desperate guys please help me finally.

Thank you.

Zalman Z1 case
GTX 1050 Ti
intel i5-6400
HyperX Fury Kingston 2x4GB DDR4
Forton 600W FSP600-60AHBC 85+
ASUS B150M PRO GAMING
HDD WD Blue

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings corresponding to the freezes.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while not gaming and second, while gaming.

Good chance that you will note some bottle neck or other adverse issues(s).

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
So I checked Reliable History but its not from the time of freeze (there is nothing just that the PC was shutted down unexpectedly). This is really weird error it says "Hardware error"

Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parametr 1: ffffe28d617b9450
Parametr 2: fffff80480514258
Parametr 3: 0
Parametr 4: 404
Version OS: 10_0_18362
Update Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Version OS: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
ID: 1029

Another thing I noticed is that the PC (when it freezes) can be restarted with the button on the case.

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Guys so today I have run PRIME95 and the CPU was at 100% and Memory about 86%. IT INSTANTLY FREEZED after 15 seconds of test. Does this mean I have bad CPU or ram? What can I do about that??