[SOLVED] What's the name of this cable ?

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

I intend to buy this docking station: Product page and i would like to know the full name of the USB cable:

BdHusRI.jpg

Thank you

Solution
usb3 type a to type b.

The ends on that cable, the left normal looking usb plug is type a and the other type b that'll plug into the docking station.

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Thank you very much sir for your quick and clear answer :)

That been said, while searching now the cable with the identification you gave me, i noticed that some of the same cables are called "Printer USB cable" and have a slightly different shape, like this one right here:

Product link

If you can notice, the type B is a bit smaller than in the previous picture that i sent, will this one still be able to plug in ?

Thank you

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
That is the older usb2 version.

May i ask why youre searching for a cable? Isn't the cable the docking station comes with not long enough? Im pretty sure it comes with a cable, be pretty silly selling a product ya can't even use.

Yeah, you guessed it right :) The cable isn't long enough for the kind of setup that i have in mind.

That's cable for USB3 so that square part looks different than for printers that are mostly USB2.
It's one like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-USB-3-0-Cable-Feet-Black/dp/B00NH144GK

Oh, i thought at first that the USB2 cable for printers would fit in the docking station USB3, but i guess not after all from what your saying !

Thank you, i appreciate the valuable feedback. It is certainly helpful !