Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm meeting some problems here when I'm building my gaming desktop. This is the problem that i face, or rather a question i want to ask. My Case (NZXT H510 elite) comes with

Front: 2x 120/ 2x 140mm (2x AER RGB 2 140mm included)
Top: 1x 120mm/ 1x 140mm (1x AER F140 Case Version Included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (1x AER F120 Case Version Included)

I'm also buying a AIO (Asus ROG Ryujin 240 RGB), should i remove the rgb fans at the front and replace it with the AIO. And I replace the top of the fan with the 2 rgb fans i just removed?

And i also have another question. If i did that, where should the fans be facing? The AIO fan and the rear fan should be blowing air towards the back and at the top, the 2rgb fans are going to blow air into the desktop or face outwards to blow the hot air out? Can i have some suggestions to solve this 2 questions? Thank you a lot!

Lutfij

Titan
should i remove the rgb fans at the front and replace it with the AIO
Yes.

The fans at the top and rear should be set to exhaust. You can understand the fans airflow direction/orientation by having the stickered end facing the chassis panel.

Mar 2, 2020
should i remove the rgb fans at the front and replace it with the AIO
Yes.

The fans at the top and rear should be set to exhaust. You can understand the fans airflow direction/orientation by having the stickered end facing the chassis panel.
Wait, so i replace the rgb fans at the front with the AIO Cooler, then replace the fan at the top with the 2 rgb fans? But where should the fans be facing, like are there a indicator or arrow to show where the air will be blown to?

This is standard airflow direction diagram.

ws2oca0ua4f21.png

There are direction arrows painted on fans.

632afd9b_Fan_Arrows.jpeg

There is really no optimum answer.
Using a aio cooler is a bit of a catch 22 issue.
If you mount the radiator in front, drawing in fresh air, the cpu will be cooled better.
But, the heated exhaust will enter the case, heating up the cooling air for the motherboard and graphics card.

OTOH, if you mount the radiator on top to exhaust the air out the top, your cpu will not be optimally cooled, but your gpu and motherboard will do better. On balance, I like this better. But opinions vary.

What you want to do is to get generated heat out of the case as well as you can.
Whatever fresh air comes into the case will eventually exit, taking component heat with it.

What is the cpu you need to cool?
What is your intended graphics card?

I might suggest that you consider a top air cooler instead.
Something like a noctua NH-D15 will have two cooling towers of about the same size as the two 120mm radiators in a 240 aio cooler. The only difference will be where the heat exchange takes place.
The NH-D15 will cool a cpu about equally well.
Add in a couple of benefits to air:
  1. It would cost half as much.
  2. the fans are quieter and embedded within the case.
  3. air is more reliable with no moving pump parts.
  4. A aio leak is uncommon, but nasty if it happens; air will not leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.